A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceK

Got Emma's annual state inspection done today.   This year they was no "brake test" - in fact they did not drive her at all (fine by me) -- but for some reason when checking the lights they wanted to see if the backup lights were working.  First year they've done that.

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

gr8kornholio

Sign on the exterior wall to the right explains it all.   :-X
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

94touring

Quote from: BruceK on September 22, 2017, 10:28:10 AM
Got Emma's annual state inspection done today.   This year they was no "brake test" - in fact they did not drive her at all (fine by me) -- but for some reason when checking the lights they wanted to see if the backup lights were working.  First year they've done that.

What did you decide on ride height and flare trimming?

MiniDave

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

I haven't touched the ride height - not sure why it looks higher in that photo.  But I have been attacking the inner flare with the Dremel - grinding where I can see the tire rubs.   Now it is only scraping on the driver's side if turning and braking at the same time - like when pulling into a driveway or parking space.  The body drops just a little and that does it.  So more Dremel work to do this afternoon.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

Today I decided to try an old school wrinkle finish on a spare valve cover I have.  I kinda like it.   It's not done wrinkling yet – it's gonna take some more time and heat.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

Kinda remind me of your flares the first time I shot them lol.

BruceK

Kind of funny how sometimes you want this effect and other times you don't.  :D
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Heating it up with  hair dryer will cause the wrinkles to tighten up nicely.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

Reminds me of the undercoating on my Moke - only the wrinkling on the Moke is from being "crusty" underneath.

94touring

Just got to work. Time to fly the general public around.

gr8kornholio

Another thing not to look at without full solar eclipse protection glasses. 77.gif

"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

BruceK

Mark and I are at a local car show today.  Good weather. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

MiniDave

So happy to see you guys putting some miles on your cars!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on September 30, 2017, 12:05:33 PM
So happy to see you guys putting some miles on your cars!

Haha.  This car show was about 1 mile from my house!
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

gr8kornholio

Good day for a show, stayed in the shade and enjoyed the breeze.  Hoped to have more traffic, but the people coming in were getting funneled around the show because north of us was the VIP parking.  Glad some people came by and talked.  Saw lots of picture taking too. 77.gif

BruceK

Luis and I took our Minis to Cars & Coffee at dark-thirty this morning.  Massive turnout of cars there today.  There must have been 10 old NSXs and at least 3 new ones.   Now, fascinating the simple-minded, are impromptu engine reving contests that break out across the show.  Like some sort of primitive male mating ritual.  Except that all that does is attract other males.  :-[

After the show we drove to my house and we took the steering tierods off of Luis' Mini and added locknuts -- which had been missing.  Simple job - now Luis won't be thinking about them missing when he's driving.

How would you like to remember the tightening sequence on this wheel?  :-\. Inner and outer bolts and nuts! 

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

Also spotted at C&C was this MINI with a lift kit?

And this old-school dragster being towed by an old Chevy station wagon
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

gr8kornholio

Glad you had some mini company this morning.  You guys were probably leaving there by the time we got out of bed.   ;D

BruceK

Quote from: gr8kornholio on October 07, 2017, 02:35:45 PM
Glad you had some mini company this morning.  You guys were probably leaving there by the time we got out of bed.   ;D

We had trouble leaving. Cars were lined up to leave but just could not get to the exit. And as time wore on it became more gridlocked.  We turned our engines off and just stood near our cars waiting for progress.   We finally made it out when Luis suggested we change directions and cut through the back of the dealership. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

Mark and his family took their Mini, and I took my Mini on a drive together out in the country this morning.   Great weather, good roads. 

Heading back home I saw a classic English phone box just sitting on a residential corner, so of course I had to park Emma next to it for a photo.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

jeff10049

Nice pic Bruce.

I took this with the phone a few days ago came out to go to work and saw this cool looking cloud.

gr8kornholio

Crazy, wonder what was backing it up.  Glad you found an escape route.

We drove by that same booth, but I wasn't looking that way and the wife was late to point it out so I didn't even see it.  Was great to have the car out and running around.