Really quiet this week

Started by MPlayle, August 07, 2009, 05:40:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MPlayle

Boy, it has been really quiet on here this week.  With 94touring gone for the week, everyone else seems to have taken off as well.

94touring

LOL, yeah I just got home and I'm like WOW no one posted anything while I was away.  I did have a handfull of scores beat in the arcade though. 

Minicop

Quote from: 94touring on August 07, 2009, 06:40:22 PMI did have a handfull of scores beat in the arcade though. 

;D One of those is me ;D

Now just leave it be, Mr. Anderson. ;D

gasmini

Quote from: 94touring on August 07, 2009, 06:40:22 PM
I did have a handfull of scores beat in the arcade though. 
Just what you needed. The beatings will continue until the morale inproves. ;D

94touring

I just took back disco racer from Minicop.  The blackjack game pisses me off too much for me to keep trying right now.  I swear its rigged. 

MPlayle

I was never much for video games back when these type of games were new in the arcades.  Now I am even worse, but they do make for some silly time-wasting.

:)

94touring

Yes they do.  I was trying to find a way to make it so people could play against other, like checkers or chess.  But nothing compatible with the forum that I've found yet. 

Minicop

Quote from: 94touring on August 08, 2009, 08:43:25 AM
I just took back disco racer from Minicop.  The blackjack game pisses me off too much for me to keep trying right now.  I swear its rigged. 

Damn you! :D

MPlayle

That's all right, I've been beating down 94touring on Castle Defender.   ;D

If only I could figure out how to restock my arrows.  I guess I keep hitting the time limit and that is how the game ends.   ???

joltfreak

check out the official website for updates!!!!! 

Minicop

Willie_B

94touring

Everybody just lingering around lately it would seem. 

MPlayle

Nothing to chatter about.

BTW, that Woody near me has apparently been sold.

And I LIKE that kitten picture

joltfreak

i haven't been posting much lately but i do check often for new posts. :P

Minicop

Yeah, me too. It's kind of frustrating when there's nothing new. It's really boring...Let's talk about the first thing that comes into our minds! Lol! :D

MPlayle- Lol. That's a 'homeboy kat' He drives a Mini with 'blinging' wheels. :D

joltfreak

ok....we've been getting lots of rain lately.....

MPlayle

Send some of that rain my way.  We've been in serious drought for several years now.  So far this year I think we have had less than 1/4 of what is supposed to be the average "rainfall to date" for the years.  The entire area is WAY behind in rainfall numbers and on severe watering restrictions.

The desert is trying to reclaim south Texas (and it is winning)!  Plus we have had over 50 days of 100+ degree temps so far this summer.

joltfreak

it's been nuts over here TONS of rain and flooding and a couple twisters went by us as well :'(

Minicop

I would never live in an area plauged with twisters. No thanks.

Minicop

Well, we had our bowling league today and I sucked! First game was a 132, second was a 188, and third was a 179. :-\ Blah... That sucks!

batman1usa

Ok you can have my scores last time I played 125, 108, 137

Minicop

Hey Batman. Haha, no thanks. The thing is. I bowl often. It's the only 'sport' I play on a regular basis. I have my own balls (That doesn't sound right  :D ) and equipment. When I first started I really sucked getting 70's and 80's. I've gotten better over the last year but still nowhere close to where I want to be. My highest game was a 248. No open frames, all strikes and spares. Usually when I bowl I can get one game over 200 per night, but not lately. >:( I'm left handed and I spin the ball like the pro's. So usually I am the only player on the left side of the lane, and since I hook the ball I am the only one drying out that side of the lane. The lanes here are very greasy and it makes by ball sluggish, so I have a hard time 'finding my spot' and zoning in. Really sucks!

94touring

Do I need to break out my box of bowling trophies?  ;)  Started when I was 12, started averaging 200+ when I was 17, tried the tour when I was 19 for a brief period (use to bowl with Tommy Jones in the Junior Scratch Association way back in the day), averaged 210-215 in leagues during my early 20's, high game 300, high series 788, bowler of the year in Wilmington in 2001.  I think the lowest I placed in any area scratch tournament that year was 3rd.  Averaged 222 for the season if I'm not mistaken and destroyed everyone in points.  That included beating PBA haul of fame guys.  Then I got out of it for 6 years untill recently to return with a 205 average, but pretty much suck at that average.  Tried the PBA shot in some league/tournments they run here and struggled bad, averaging 188 for 20 games or so.  But then on the flip side after rolling on the pba shot I went out and averaged about 235 during practice for about 30 games.           

Minicop

Ok Mr. 'I can do everything!' :D How about shooting? I can shoot a gun like nobody's buisness. Thanks to years of government training.

Well, with those scores, you would kick my ass on the lanes. That's when I break your arm and then I win. ;D So you know how much there is to bowling. That's cool. Most folks think it's easy. The people that go with their family once every 6 months, HA! Morons. I need to get a new spare ball. My strike ball is pretty decent, a $200 ball. Sometimes it can leave the 7 pin though! A left handers worst pin to get! I didn't start really getting into bowling until about a year and a half ago. Been bowling hard since trying to get my score up. I have a hard time scoring decent when the lanes have a lot of oil on them. The bowling alley on base, they oil the lanes WAY TOO MUCH!!! It's like a pig dipped in bacon grease! I'm about ready to sabotosh the damn machine! :D I like dry lanes. That's when I can pull off 220's & 230's without much difficulty.