73 Innocenti

Started by 94touring, July 09, 2009, 08:54:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Got the head back on and running again.  Driving smoother now.  Going to have to double check the water temp, as the gauge after awhile still likes to read high, although I can stick my fingers in the coolant and its not that hot.  Water pump is flowing and the thermostat is opening, so maybe just in the sending unit.  Before if I would take the rad cap off coolant would explode out, and now it doesn't try to blow out at all.  Tomorrow will start in on the brake master I believe. 

MiniGene

Awesome.  Innos are cool; Brit roots with Italian flare.  I love the gauge clusters on Innos.  Does this one require any body work?

94touring

The previous paint job is a little orange peely, but aside from that no body work is required. 

MiniGene

So are you going to repaint it or sand it down and buff it out?

94touring

Still on the fence about it. 

94touring

BRAKES I HAVE BRAKES!  Goodness it took a lot of bleeding.  Had to bleed the master itself for awhile and then work my way to the brakes.  Still could use some more bleeding but I was doing it by myself and need an extra person with at least one leg to help out.  Finally got enough pressure on the pedal that my cinder blocks wouldn't hold it down effectively anymore.  My interior for the red car that sold is finally being shipped to me, lol.  So the interior that I took out of the inno to put into the red car will be replaced with what we produced.  Hopefully it comes out nice. 

MPlayle

MiniGene

You should get one of those EZ bleed dealios.  I bought one and NEVER had any pains bleeding brakes.  The only thing is that the setup is kind of clumsy because you are using a spare tire to pressurize the system.  I'd like to get one of those vacuum bleeders where you suck it straight from the bleed nipple...haha suck it from the bleed nipple...

94touring

snack

Dan, Don't know if you have run across this before or not.  If Not Here it is.
This is the wiring diagram for the Innocenti.  Originally came  it from the Inno_World web site.

[img]/img

94touring

I'm leaning toward getting it back together and selling it with the electrical problems for cheap. 

Today I worked on bleeding the brakes more and now they are up to par.  The clutch needed bleeding as well and turns out the slave was shot.  Swapped it out with another slave I had and presto it works brilliantly now.  Waiting on interior and then clean it up and get her gone.  I was happy to see the brake lights working too. 

94touring

The interior just arrived :)  I hope it fits as good as it looks. 

MiniGene

Quote from: 94touring on November 03, 2009, 01:19:22 PM
I'm leaning toward getting it back together and selling it with the electrical problems for cheap.  

Just hang onto it until I get the next tax refund! 

What does the new interior look like?

94touring

Inno sold today.  Looks like I'll be making a delivery around New Years to Texas on my way to AZ. 

MiniGene

Congrats on the sale!  Screw Texas, bring it up to Colorado.

94touring

Funny you mention colorado, because with some of the money I bought a new tent to take camping there this summer. 

MiniGene

Cool.  This is an awesome place.  I love the Denver area because whatever you need is available but you can still get away from it all and do the outdoors.  The snow can suck sometimes but it isn't too bad.

Gizmorama

I speak Inno: the temp sensor is an odd one. Uses a lower ohm value for the Jaeger gauge.
I had to get one from Italy.
Although, I think there is a model from Jaguar that will work fine.