I'm that guy

Started by Dmulder, March 30, 2016, 03:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dmulder

So after I cut out one of my front trumpets I realized what the knuckles were for and why I need them. Oops. Guess I'm riding my bicycle to work for a few days.  50.gif
"In like a lamb, Out like a lion."

John Gervais

:-[ 

I guess you didn't see this on the other thread either -

Quote from: John Gervais on March 30, 2016, 03:20:16 AM
Quote from: 94touring on March 24, 2016, 03:36:10 PM
Quote from: Dmulder on March 24, 2016, 03:10:47 PM
While I'm at it. Instead of starting another thread will I need a cone compressor to install my hi los?  I still can't find my crazy manual so a new one is on order.

Cut out the old trumpets and you won't.  Much easier imo.

Ah, yes, but it also helps to use the cone compressor to hold the new cones at the top of the tower when re-installing the HiLo's and wobbly knuckle joints.

When I installed a new heater core in mine, I found some self-adhesive foam (noise insulating type, it was too thick, so I had to trim it down) and replaced the decayed strips at the flap-diverter.  The old heater core was wrapped/packed/sealed with a wool-like material, so I bought a wool placemat at the kitchen store and packed the new core as the old one.  I also used some metal-type duct sealing tape around where the flexi-hose joins the demister nozzles.

My biggest issue now is that the speedometer fogs up in cold, humid weather, so I should look into a new O-ring for that.
- Pave the Bay -

94touring

Whoops!  Yeah you need knuckles to go with those hi los!

MiniDave

Meh, you learn, you grow......... ;D
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad