Took 2nd place today

Started by 94touring, June 27, 2009, 12:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Entered the 82 in a car show this morning before it goes off to its new owner Monday.  I won 2nd place in the foreign car division.  I'm selling the car, but keeping the trophy!

94touring

Couple of pics.  The lady and I, and me accepting my award. 

94touring

Well the buyer backed out sadly.  Was a pretty young guy that came with his mother.  I was a little disapointed in his reasons for not wanting the car, but not much I can do I suppose.  Maybe his mother wasn't too thrilled with it or something.  So....the search continues. 

Minicop

Mabey only Batman can buy that car? ;D

94touring

Batman has resorted to just giving me his shell to someday get a good deal.  I really want it to make my grill trailer for my pickup, but its going to have to wait till I can haul it out here.  Hard to flat tow a non rolling shell.  On the bright side, there was a local guy I talked to Saturday that may come by tonight to look at this car.  Maybe I'll get lucky and sell it today afterall. 

Minicop

Huh, interesting. You know, I never thought you would have so much trouble selling an exotic car like that. I thought it would go the first day. Where is Batman anyway? He hasn't posted in a while. I didn't know he gave you his shell. When did that happen? You are going to make a trailer out of it? Cool. 8)

94touring

He didn't give it to me yet, just had mentioned it.  I can't take it right now anyways, but yes a trailer.  ;D  Not sure where he's been.  Maybe out driving that combine around?

Minicop

Haha. So Mr. Anderson, lets have an update of your new projects. Any luck with the local sale? 

94touring

Well I drove to Kansas City the next morning and then down to Tulsa, so nothing as of yet.  I dropped off my MPI to a guy named Drew who joined up on here, so maybe we'll hear from him soon.  He was a really cool guy and is going to enjoy that car alot from meeting with him.  I'll be out here for the next few days with some old friends and family.  About to go look at my pickup here in a minute after I call John (hayman) to see if he's up and around yet.  Aside from that, I think Jim is interested in the 82, but I may try to steer him more toward a 3rd car I'm looking at that would probably be better suited for him.  If you read the "1st post" he introduced himself in there.   

batman1usa

Quote from: Minicop on June 29, 2009, 04:05:14 PM
Mabey only Batman can buy that car? ;D

I'm here alive and back from harvest.

Believe me I wish it was mine.  I tried to get a loan without luck.  So I'll just save my pennies and pay cash for one someday or trade my 4-wheeler for one if I find someone interested.   ;D

94touring

<---seller financing man, lol. 

Well got to hang out with Hayman for awhile today and look at the green auto.  Tomorrow I make the long haul back and then up to Jersey the very next day.  Will be looking at a 59 bugeye while I'm up there too.  Really want one of those bad.  Gotta sell the red one to make that happen though.   

Minicop

Batman! Hey your back! Children of the Corn. Do you ever think about that when your harversting? Haha! I actually never saw the movie, I assume it has something to do with a crop?

batman1usa

LOL,,  never seen the movie either,  but we're cutting wheat.  Never picked corn before but I may give it a try this season.

What's the interest rate on that owner financing and how much down?  8)

94touring

Oh, half down would be nice so I could buy that bugeye, but that might be a lot to ask.  And 6% or whatever the going rate is these days would work.   

batman1usa

6%  ???  It's 4.5% at the credit union near me.  Problem is they don't want to loan money on a classic mini..  retards  ;D

94touring

Thats why I said whatever the going rate is!  Ask them if its appraised if they'll give you a loan.  Thats your best bet. 

batman1usa

???  where/how/who appraises them?  cost?  any idea?

94touring

I could have the appraisel done locally.  If you check with your bank and see if they'll accept it I'll be more than happy to get that done for you.  Its actually how I bought my first mini because I was in the same situation as you. 

batman1usa

If it's a free service I'd give it a try.  I'm supposing someone notorizes it or something?

94touring

It probably cost something, but I'll take care of that myself since I'm a nice guy.  ;)  Basically a guy looks at the car and says its worth X amount and signs the paper work, which you then show to your bank to get the loan for X amount.