Looks like I'll be busy

Started by 94touring, June 24, 2009, 08:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Sold the blue sportpack!  Check is being put in the mailbox, so it must be true, right?   ;D  The red 82 was suppose to go to a guy in NYC, but he vanished on me after committing.  Didn't get a check from him though.  However, I will know tomorrow if another guy is coming up from ATL on Monday to buy it.  What all this means is I'll be delivering the sportpack to Kansas City from NC, and probably hauling my pickup back out here to start on it.  I may give a guy I know a quote on a restoration while I'm out there for his panel van, which I've seen before, and now he's getting ready to really start on it.  If he's actually ready I'll haul it back and restore it rather than my pickup.  Then when I deliver his van haul my pickup out then.  And after I get back to NC I head to CT and pick up the other mini I just bought, and on my way there look at another mini in NJ that I may buy.  Goodness gracious great balls of minis! 

Jims5543

Glad to see your busy.

I really like that Black one. Trying to justify it right now. If business keeps going the way it is I will have no problem getting it. We are slammed busy.

...back to work..
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

Red one sold for the 2nd time this morning.  The guy is coming from Atlanta to get it Monday.  Then its off on my road trips to play haul as many minis as I can. 

Willie_B

If the guy from Atlanta needs it he (or she) can borrow my flat-tow setup. Brad

gasmini

Where do you have to go to get your pickup? I thought you said that it was somewhere in Oklahoma. If you were coming anywhere near Wichita Ks. maybe we could get together to compare pickups.

94touring

My pickup is in Tulsa still.  Love to come check out your pickup, but won't be headed back north to you after I get mine hooked up.  I go from Tulsa east to NC. 

Brad- I'll ask the guy if he needs that.  Thanks. 

gasmini

Quote from: 94touring on June 25, 2009, 07:51:51 PM
My pickup is in Tulsa still.  
That wouldn't be a red pickup would it? I had seen a red one in Tulsa about 2 years ago but it wasn't a true pickup. It was one that someone had cut up a clubman or a sedan to make it look like a pickup.

94touring

Mine is currently green with a black roof.  I know the red one you are talking about though.  It use to just sit in a shop downtown, but maybe the guy sold it or finally put it on the road. 

94touring

In the process of buying the mini in New Jersey if the guy will answer his phone. 

94touring

Minicop

It looks like the steering wheel is in the middle, and there is a lot of guages. :D

94touring

Its an innocentia from Belgium.  Pretty sure they are highly sought after.  Also explains the cool dash. 

94touring

Bought the Innocenti this morning while at that car show, lol. 

Brad, I let that guy know about your offer.  All he said was he was renting a trailer and would think about it. 

Willie_B

Hayman9644

Dan are you hitting the road today?  Make sure your ipod has plenty of tunes on it.  A month or so ago you drove from Arizona now back to KC next NJ you should check into frequent driver miles LOL.  Give me a ring when you get close to Tulsa. 

94touring

No kidding!  You forgot about the trip to CT in there too.  Its like 3 weeks of solid driving.  I hit the road tomorrow morning. 

94touring

Quote from: Hayman9644 on June 29, 2009, 12:07:23 AM
Dan are you hitting the road today?  Make sure your ipod has plenty of tunes on it.  A month or so ago you drove from Arizona now back to KC next NJ you should check into frequent driver miles LOL.  Give me a ring when you get close to Tulsa. 

Oh and John....my keys for the pickup are still in the thing too right?  I know its been 2 years, but I'm pretty sure I left them there.  I hope. 

Hayman9644

I will check in the morning.  and let you know.  Im sure they are. 

94touring

Back from the trip.  Hauling the mini there was very uneventful, but hauling my pickup had its moments of events.  Started off by blowing a tire , but that was a 10 minute fix.  A fender flare was lost during the rubber explosion.  Next I noticed the truck swaying around behind me so pulled over to investigate.  My tow bar brackets seemed to loosen up, so retorqued and on my way.  This kept happening throughout the trip.  I finally concluded that the front valance where the brackets attach had some weak metal, as it would compress and change shape on me every time I took it all apart to look it over.  Eventually the tow bar brackets weren't even facing straight because it had distorted so much.  One side started to tear as well.  I improvised with some thick metal spacers I had with me to support the metal, which kept the brackets fairly straight and helped with it compressing as much.  I must have pulled over 7 or 8 times to retorque.  But the best part was pulling into a rest area to double check things and had to make a U turn into the lot.  The road was wet and I was only doing 5ish when I made the turn.  I'm thinking now that it was a combination of the loose brackets and wet road, but the truck wanted to shift/go one way as I was turning the other and it pushed the rear end of the hauling car around and jack knifed on itself in a real hurry.  Dented the Pt-cruiser I use to haul with, and the mini got all beat to hell.  Busted the headlight, dented the wing, twisted and smashed the chrome bumper, cracked the seams on both wings where it attaches to the front end, bent the already crappy front end up more.  Initially I was thinking I wouldn't replace the front end, but guess I will be now, lol.  After the seams cracked I could see some rust in there anyways, and after the trip the front end valance was so torn up it needs replaced too.  Ah fun. 

Willie_B

Well damn. Now I understand why some of the towbars I have seen were made one peice that goes between the front mounts. Less torque to the front of the vehicle. May be worth looking into making one of those.

94touring

Yeah I was thinking the same thing.  Its on my to do list. 

94touring

Here's the blown tire.  Impressive I thought.

94touring

Well I'll be leaving in the morning to get the Inoccenti. 

Hayman9644

You must really be getting into this driving thing Dan.  LOL

Hayman9644

Hey Dan maybe you could bolt a bar across the tow bar that way its still adjustable in width but takes care of the torque on it.  If you can picture what Im saying.