Black Widow and the hammer

Started by 94touring, June 24, 2009, 01:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

I've been doing some renovations for a lady and tore into a deck today only to find a huge black widow with a couple large egg sacs.  Not to mention one of the largest beetles I've ever seen in a spiders web that she had sucked dry.  I took some pics with my phone.  You can just catch out the red hour glass in each photo.  Guess what I did with the hammer?!

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on June 24, 2009, 01:30:02 PM
Guess what I did with the hammer?!

Held it next to a spider and took a picture? 

Its just a matter of time before something nasty bites me, like a Brown recluse or Black Widow, or even a snake. Being a land surveyor, when I am in "searching for property corner mode" I get tunnel vision and do not look around me. I cannot tell you how many time I have gotten poison Ivy because I did not look at what I was pushing through to get to a corner.

Those pics along give me the shivers... I dislike spiders as much as I hate bees. I have no idea why I work outside.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

I didn't hold it and just take a picture, I swung it into a nails head.   

Hey speaking of snakes....a guy I talked to the other day got bit on the foot and didn't even know it!  His foot swelled up and got all nasty, then he noticed the two fang marks.  Had to go to the hospital to get the anti whatever to fix it.   

batman1usa

Hoping that the hammer hit more than a nail...  :-\

on one of my geocaching find I lifted a "skirt" and there was a BW under it.  Sorry but I didn't have anything to kill it with but warned the next cacher to beware.  Also one under a bridge I pulled the container from a spot between two railroad ties and was signing log and looked over to see a nice size snake all coiled up in the corner.  It didn't notice me and I left it alone and gotthe heck outta there.  My brother and a couple others came across a rattlesnake while venturing out to find a cache out south of Alva, OK.
  Dangerously fun game.  Never caught PI until I started this lil hobby/game/sport.  www.geocaching.com

Oh I see you haven't sold the red beast yet.... ??  Dang I wish I had some cash to offer.

JD

94touring

Yeah the buyer for the red mini just never called back or returned calls.  Kinda wierd cause he was all about the thing. 

Oh, and does your wife know you were out lifting "skirt"? 

batman1usa

;D she was there but I didn't tell her about the spider....  She can/will go through a WALL to escape from the itty bittyiest spider.  I think she's sceeeered of them.

94touring

She wouldn't have liked the taurantualas we had in southern AZ that came out during the rain during monsoon season.  It was the craziest thing I ever saw, tons of huge spiders walking around, crossing the road, ect... to get to higher ground when the rain came.  Freaky.