New project, sorta.

Started by 94touring, June 16, 2009, 05:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Well aside from it raining all stinking day, I made a lot of progress on the interior.  Yanked everything out, scrubbed floors, glue off of the dash, cleaned the carpet and began putting things back together.  Its looking pretty snazzy.     

94touring

Quick preview.  It started getting dark on me, so better pics later.  

MiniGene

Wow, that looks really good.  Your mom sewed those for you?  Very nice.  When my mom was visiting this past spring I showed her my seats and asked if she could sew some for me.  I need to send her the old covers.

94touring

We had to make some "adjustments" to her covers, so this is from another car to get this one done.  But, I will have her set posted on here eventually.  Doesn't help she lives in OK and I'm in NC. 

94touring

Ok productive day.  Got the interior done and swapped out the radiator and busted up thermostat housing.  Found out there wasn't even a thermostat installed.  Couple problems I ran into today were the new wheels rub in the rear, so need to spacer them a little to solve that.  And for whatever reason it decided to not run good at all today.  I drove it when I first got it home and it did fine, but this time it was very sick acting.  Messed with mixture and timing but no luck.  Swapped over a new distributor cap and wires, will try some new plugs, and clean the carb up and try it again next time.

I forgot what a major pain in the ass getting the lower rad hose on the radiator is.  Busted up my hands pretty good getting it on there.  This is the old radiator.  Had torn up fins and the housing fell apart getting it unstuck from the engine.

94touring

Old plugs were fouled, new plugs made all the difference in the world.   :)

MiniGene

Looks really good.  Was the tan interior the stuff it had before?  It looks like a really nice quality mini.  That thermo housing looks pretty nasty!

94touring

Yeah the tan was the before photo.  Interior was very ratty.  A world of difference now.  The thermo housing had a part missing where the hose attaches, and then the bottom busted when I was prying it off.  Took a newish housing and 2 core rad from my pickup, plus a new distrubutor cap and wires and swapped it over to this car.  Mucho better.     

Hayman9644

Wow Dan that cars looking good.  Only consilation is you took more parts off the truck.  LOL 

94touring

Yeah the truck is full of all sorts of good parts, lol.  I just keep telling myself when I start rebuilding it everything will be brand new.  I was digging through the bed looking for some gaskets I had back there and found a brand new big bore water pump still in the package, as well as a used one from my first pickup.  Maybe it spawns parts or something, I dunno. 

94touring

Short little video for a guy who is interested in buying it:  right click and save as  http://www.restorationmini.com/video/20081013083124.mpg

I had to download two codecs to get it to work, let me know if you guys need them. 

MiniGene

Nice little video.  I just clicked the link and WMP started right up.

94touring

Yeah playing with a camcorder I bought my girlfriend that we never use.  I had two vids, but the first one I missed a shift being all fancy, lol.  Kept it simple on the 2nd one. 

94touring

http://www.restorationmini.com/video/mini.mpg

Part of that other vid I had screwed up.  Edited out the mis-shift, lol. 

MiniGene

Cool but I want to see the mis-shift!   ;D

94touring

Its just a big grinding noise with me going ah crap. 

94touring

This car may be sold.  Will know soon.  

Edit: deposit on the way.  will be here in next weekend to pickup probably.  That was quick! 

94touring

Well she's gone!  Folks who bought it were extremely nice people.  Going to the Virginia Beach area. 

MPlayle

Cool!  One more off your list.  With a little luck, you will sonn be able to start on the pickup.