New project, sorta.

Started by 94touring, June 16, 2009, 05:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Doesn't really need anything done to it really other than some cosmetics and wheels.  Hoping everything goes smoothly here over the next month and I don't let it slip by.  In the process of putting a deposit down to hold it.  Batman.....keep saving your money.

94touring

I'm thinking maybe make it look like this one.  Thoughts?

94touring

Just worked out a deal, and bought the car, given I can get there with money in hand by the end of August!  Its a 77 Leyland, 998cc, just painted by his brother who owns a body shop, just had a tune up with several new items installed.  Really just needs some new interior pieces and she's good as gold. 

Minicop

I think you should go with the look of the second pic. Are you going to add fake door hinges?

If you change your mind you could always go with a white roof and orange cream for the body, like a dreamsicle :-* (mmm sounds good 'bout now) I saw a Mini pickup with those colors and it looked outstanding! I wanted to lick it!  :D

94touring

No fake hinges, but leaning toward the black roof.  The car is a little more red than that picture illistrates.  Going to order the revo wheels in black and some other bits and bobs.  Maybe even order some stuff for my pickup that I really need to restore. 

94touring

Just ordered some wheels for it.  Still gotta go get the thing. 

94touring

Making the trip tomorrow to pick up the car.  Going to be a long 24 hours of driving. 

Minicop

Quote from: 94touring on July 20, 2009, 10:17:39 AM
Making the trip tomorrow to pick up the car.  Going to be a long 24 hours of driving. 

Sounds like fun to me. Better than standing 12 hours of gate duty with a 9mm & M16 in the summer heat. I love road trips.

94touring

Back from the drive.  The car looks good, no rust anywhere and new paint.  One major flaw with the paintjob however is they didn't paint the door jams or back of the doors.  Doesn't make sense to me but there is left over paint and I'll just do it myself.  Interior needs a makeover and battery is dead so haven't driven it yet.  Pics soon....

94touring

Ok got to play with the car today and it runs very good.  Put a new used grill on really quick to improve its look and started stripping down the interior.  Floors are solid, boot is solid, body is solid.  The one seat was falling apart where the one brace rusted apart.  I will have to rebuild that part when I recover them.  

94touring

94touring

I would also like to add that I may be reproducing seat covers if I get these to turn out as nice as I hope. 

So what color are you going to do the interior? Did you get those 12x6 deep dish wheels or did you get something else?

94touring

The interior is going black on this car.  The wheels I ordered for this one are 10x5 miniators.  The 12x6 are for my pickup, but I haven't gotten that far yet.  Once I sell off the 3 cars I have for sale I'll try to get crackin on the pickup.   

94touring

Well the interior assemble is coming along nicely.  I shipped most of it out to my mother who is handy with a sewing machine to tackle the job.  After buying some specialty parts its on the verge of being completed and shipped back. 

Good Ol' Moms, they never let you down. Lets see some pics when you get it in the car!

94touring

Looks like the planets are aligning.  My title has finally been shipped, my wheels are due to be here, and I think the mother is finally about done with this interior project. 

MiniGene

Dan, what are your plans for those standard 3.5 wheels with the dog dish hub caps?

94touring

Didn't really have any, other than to use them as spare wheels for my pickup.  Interested in buying them?

MiniGene

Yes, possibly in a couple of months if you still have them.  I was asking to see how attached to them you were.  Do you have any idea how much it would cost to ship to Colorado?  (If I still lived in Goldsboro shipping would be a non-issue haha) Would you be open to selling just the hub caps?

BTW, glad you have a new site up.  I enjoy watching your progress, it motivates me to get off my ass and work on my mini.

94touring

Not sure about the shipping, but they'll probably still be around in a couple months.  I suppose I don't mind selling just the hub caps. 

Thanks, nice to see you over here.  I'm thinking if I get this mini sold I can afford to buy the rest of the panels for my pickup and get to work on it.  I hope anyways. 

94touring

Hey check out the new look!  Next week I'll be doing something with the interior and calling it a day on this project.  I'll have it cleaned up more and snap some more photos at that time.  Also thinking about swapping out the radiator for a better conditioned one.    

94touring

MiniGene

Looks nice!  Hope you sell it soon.

94touring

Me too, I have my wish list of panels for the pickup and I'm ready to start tearing it down.