Bought some - thanks! Anyone have some 13's wheels for sale?

Started by MiniDave, November 02, 2015, 02:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

I'd like a set of 13's for Buzz, I might consider some 12's but I prefer 13's.....

Anyone?

Local guy has a set with old tires, he wants $650 - seems high to me since that's what he paid for them new.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

If you really must make your wagon ride like crap I'd buy new direct from midland wheels across the pond.   77.gif

MiniDave

Opinions are like exhaust pipes, everybody has (at least) one!  ;D

I took it on a 1,000 mile trip last March with a set of 13's and I thought it drove fine - I also liked the butch way it looked!  ;D

I can get them with Yokos for $670 plus shipping from Midland, I was hoping to find a little better deal.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

They look good, I'll give you that  4.gif.  Considering the wheels and tires for my rx7 set me back 2k, $670 sounds like a good deal to me. 

MtyMous

$670 is actually a good deal for a good set of wheels. There are cheaper wheels, but I've heard horror stories about then being crappy metal and cracking around the lugs or warping easily. I just spent $1200 on tires for my pickup... lol. Not a bad deal in comparison.

MiniDave

Plus $160 for shipping.....from England...... so $830 plus customs fees.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MtyMous

Have you checked Australia? I found some reasonable prices there on wheels. Might also look into buying wheels and tires separately. Local you're purchase might save some cheese.

MiniDave

Australia? Seems like shipping would be far more than any savings......

Part of the problem I'm having with the local guy is I not only feel I've made a reasonable offer, but I've also done a ton of free work for him that he would have had to pay for had I not done it - for free! You'd think that would be worth $100 of consideration.....

I've decided to just keep my 10's and not worry about it.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

You could always sell your 10s to fund the 13s.  Anytime I buy wheels and tires for a mini I plan on $750.  Usually comes out a little less but that's what you can anticipate spending.  Used in good shape I would sell for $400-500 to move them.  Wheels tend to be a hard sale. 

MiniDave

Nah, I'll just keep the 10's and be happy with them, everyone says they look great on the car.....not worth losing a friend over.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MtyMous

Disregard my Aussie idea. Apparently I made out like a bandit in 2008 when the wheel prices were down and the exchange rate was up. Shipping was cheaper than one of the larger UK companies at the time.

94touring

Quote from: MiniDave on November 03, 2015, 05:59:21 PM
Nah, I'll just keep the 10's and be happy with them, everyone says they look great on the car.....not worth losing a friend over.

You should keep the 10s anyways   ;D