Obsolete parts.

Started by AcesLow, October 05, 2015, 08:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AcesLow

Hey all,

I am sending off the turn signal cancel cam drawing to be made up. It's beneficial for me to order more to keep the costs down.  The price on them would be about 25USD. If I were to sell the leftovers. They would be made out of  6061 T6 aluminium and would never break again(hopefully) Would anyone on here have an interest in one or is it even worth me doing?

94touring

You might even consider contacting minispares to see if they want some on hand. 

AcesLow

21H208  & 21A2661  would be the two parts these would replace.

MtyMous

Have a picture of the part? I might be interested in one.

TJF

AcesLow

See attached.  It also come with the mounting screw and an allen key.. Should have them in 4 weeks time.

Jims5543

Yes I am interested!!! Put me down for one and if you need a little extra to make this happen let me know.  My finger is hovering over the paypal button if you want monies that way.

I thought my mini just did not have a cancel, I figured it was just a frilly item my car did not come with.

I am tried of being like the old farts from up north driving along with my directional on.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

If you have an aftermarket wheel that's probably why you don't have a cancel.

MiniDave

Yep, I had to make one for my car, but it's not that hard......you just need to put some pins in the back of the hub to contact with the cam. While I was at it, I also switched my controls over to the opposite sides so they operate "normally"......I was tired of signaling turns with my wipers!  ;D
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

AcesLow

Jim I have one with your name on it!  Don't worry about paying me yet.  They figured I should see them by Nov 4.

stan360

I would like to have one of these also ....my left signal doesn't cancel but the right one does.

AcesLow

Maybe your column isnt indexed correctly. I dont know if this would help.

stan360

Oh yes, the steering rack had been replaced  on the car once it was imported...so this seems very likely ,  but I was thinking more of the possible "never break again " aspect of the aluminum part you are making ....  Its a great idea and I would still like one .

AcesLow

Cancel Cams are here. I need to test fit them and see if they work. After I am satisfied. I will start shipping them out.

Price is 25USD. 

94touring

Nicely done.  Thanks for offering them up to the community as well.

AcesLow

I hope that was okay.  I know a certain other board doesn't like posting parts for sale.

94touring

towjoe

Aces Low
I would like one also.
Let me know how to pay .
My zip is 32832.
regards
Joe 77.gif

AcesLow

Installed.

I am cleaning up the parts now.  Hopefully ready to ship by tomorrow.  Ill post my paypal email tomorrow and ill get quotes on shipping. Just send me your zip/postal code.

AcesLow

Do any of you have the original plastic cancel cam or never had one at all? I see all the parts distributors sell the column but they are not drilled for the cancel cam.  I'll measure the location of mine if anyone needs to drill/tap their hole.  My set screw that holds the cam was #10-32  7/16 in length.. Hopefully common for all of you guys as that need one.

MiniDave

AcesLow, you did a great job on these, well done!

How's the rest of your truck coming along?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

AcesLow

Thanks MiniDave.  Its coming... hard to find time these days.

TJF

I'll pony up $25+shipping for one. Zip code 28465.

AcesLow

TJF. 8 bucks for air or 16 for tracked package. Trying get a paypal setup

AcesLow

Paypal is colbydrysdale@gmail.com.

PM Me your addresses if you want one and ill send you a shipping quote