Parts Resources

Started by MiniDave, September 23, 2015, 11:11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmsmini

I saw this on one of the UK sites.
I guess that Somerford started importing a few years ago.
http://www.somerfordmini.co.uk/eshop/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&zenid=nHlDu6QhtrovRYsO5H9vI3&keyword=valtain

Not sure what the relationship is between Valtain and JMSA
https://j-msa-classic.com/index.html

It looks like guessworks is also importing some items. be nice if one of the US suppliers did that.

And it seems David's website has been updated:
http://classicminisjapan.com/

Red Riley

Quote from: MiniDave on July 28, 2016, 10:36:15 AM
Just another Plus one for McMaster Carr - I was looking for a 3" long stud 5/16 -18 on one end and 5/16-24 on the other, the only place I could find it was MC, they had it in stock and I had it the next day! Shipping can be a bit spendy for one stud but it's not anything I could see needing another in the future, so I only bought the one.

I did find carb mounting kits that had four studs for more money, but with shipping they came out about twice as much.

Yeah, McMaster Carr is awesome. I got all of my door seals from them. They sent me short pieces of a bunch of different sizes so I could pick the ones I wanted.
Bolt Depot is really good for fasteners too.

Willie_B

There is a price difference between Somerford and Classicminisjapan. On the cv boot Somerford $51/ Classicminis $61.  for the strreing rack end parts, Somerford $125/Classicminis $157. The track rod ends Somerford $25/ Classicminis $63.  So shop around.

tmsmini

Just FYI...
Somerford has updated their website and the new one no longer relies on Flash.
Also you can now process overseas orders directly with out waiting for a shipping quote.

Placed an order Sunday 12/20, had an issue with the order(did not accept the cookie warning) and redid it on Monday.
DHL shipment accepted Tuesday, went direct to LA and should be delivered Monday, so one week total time, if it arrives Monday.

94touring

Good info. I'll check them out.

tmsmini

I was amazed the Somerford parts came yesterday. It was not a big box, mostly injection hoses, lamba sensor and other small things. But even with the holiday, that was six days delivered to the door.

Red Riley

Quote from: tmsmini on December 27, 2020, 10:36:18 AM
I was amazed the Somerford parts came yesterday. It was not a big box, mostly injection hoses, lamba sensor and other small things. But even with the holiday, that was six days delivered to the door.

I second that. I've had very good experience with Somerford.

MiniDave

Same here, they have stuff that Spares doesn't also....but - I use Spares for most everything.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

fourdrracer

Thanks for your help so far Dave.  Do you know if there is a classic Mini salvage lot in the U.S.?  I appreciate the UK sources, but none of them want to send glass across the pond, for fear of breakage.

Lee

Willie_B

Minis have not been imported/sold new here since 1968. So not enough supply left to have a mini salvage place. Canada maybe as they went there much later than the US.