Boeing 737 Dreamliner takeoff

Started by tsumini, June 13, 2015, 04:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsumini

94touring

Well considering he's empty with little fuel and max power, not that unbelievable to me.  But what do I know  77.gif

tsumini

Yeah and plastic. So what's been your steepest?

94touring

Nothing crazy considering I have people back there but I've done some crazy stuff in the full motion sim.  I don't think my jet can take off and go vertical due to lack of power, but anything can do loops with momentum...youtube Bob Hoover.  I accidently did a barrel roll last recurrent during unusual attitude training.  In reality I was nearly full nose up, but I mistook the indicators on my pfd screen pointing down as being inverted...had a dummy moment of forgetting what colors blue and brown represent on the screens. So I rolled it.  Once I went past 90 and realized where I was I just kept going.  The nose came down naturally at that point and I leveled off like it wasn't no big deal.  The examiner strugged and said well that's one way to do it.  I repo'd a plane that was near empty on fuel once across the waterway from Newport to Norfolk.  It was cold and blasted out of there like a homesick angel.  My back literally cracked on the climb.  I don't recall my pitch or vertical speed.  I've seen as high as 6 or 7k feet per minute vertical on cold empty days.