Cars n Coffee

Started by velopackrat, February 17, 2015, 01:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

velopackrat

I took my just finished Mk1 S to the local Cars 'n Coffee this past weekend.  Mostly tons of current American Iron, some drift type guys, a good number of cool German and Euro cars but very few British cars.  The surprise was that several guys came up that were either ex-pat British or had lived over there and owned Minis.  But Minis can sure draw a crowd!
Here's an image my photog buddy shot, almost looks fake-

MiniDave

Where is "local" for you?

You're MkI looks fantastic!

When I take my Clubman Estate to car shows, I always get plenty of "I used to own one of those" comments too....
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Mudhen

My kids take pictures like that with their Matchboxes - I'll call fake.   ;D

Nice looking car!

Jims5543

Car looks like it is floating in the air, nice and clean though. Looking good.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

velopackrat

Thanks Gents,

Dave, I'm in Ft Worth, TX.  How about you?

cw

MiniDave

I'm in KC, but I have a friend in Plano and I drove down once with some other friends to attend the Dallas C&C, pretty massive event and really first class of that BMW store to hold it on their lot.

He just got a Classic Mini a few months ago, he's had it at the C&C a couple of times.....Pepper White with a Black top.

You should come on our Fun Run next month, he's coming - you could caravan up with him and Dean from Oklahoma.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

velopackrat

Dave,
I would love to meet you guys up there - but this car still needs some sorting out.  It might take me several months to get it more road worthy.  I'll give you an example.  Like a fool, I thought it would be cool to use a SC/CR gearbox with SC drop gears, an antique Salisbury LSD and 3.76 gears.  Right.  Great for a fairly short racetrack like Hallett.  But at 55-60mph on the freeway?  It's pretty loud.  H4 carbs still need some TLC too.  I'm trying to improve something every week, weather permitting.

Attached is the obligatory pic of the motor:)

My photog buddy has been going to the Plano C&C and says the same thing you did, quite an event.  If I can get over there, I'll find your buddy with the white/black car!

Merlin

Did someone say Hallett? You come to Tulsa often?

Engineering the Impossible

MiniDave

So many tracks, so little time...... ;D

Velo, I know what you mean about the noise, I drove my Clubman home from Baltimore - it had 3:44's in it and was turning about 4500 @ 65mph. I changed my final drive to 2:76 and now it's more like 3500 @ 75 mph - still loud tho, on a long trip I have to wear ear plugs.

That's why I recently built a tow  bar for mine, for those cross country trips. This upcoming drive is only about 4 hours away, I'm OK for that long. You sure you can't make it?

Your car looks beautiful, time to get it on the road, the season is pretty much here and soon it will be too damn hot down there in Foat Wuth!  ;D

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad