RX8 is gone - what I learned today.

Started by Jims5543, January 07, 2015, 07:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

Carfax is almost useless. I was given a copy when I purchased the car it and only told 1/2 the story of the car.

I have spent over 3 months trying to sell this car. The rotary community is the worst to deal with. They suck and all want everything for nothing.

That said, after 4 flaky buyers, I finally said fuck it, took the car to Carmax and let them buy it from me.

What they discovered, the entire front end of my car has been repaired and painted, I was told and Carfax said it was only the passenger fender, turns out I had paint from both front doors all the way to the front, the front drivers fender is not stock, as well as the passenger fender and front bumper being replaced with OEM.

I would have felt like shit if the person that purchased from me found this out and accused me of concealing it.

So in the end, I am happy I did not sell anymore private party, although any of the buyers deserved this car.... and I mean that!!

The Carmax scene is pretty cool, no hassle, you go sit and watch TV, in my case my friend followed me down  to drive me back and he knew a cute Colombian girl that worked there, sorry no pics), so we hung out with her and chatted she kept refreshing the que on her computer screen and was giving updates on when my car was going to be reviewed and when the offer was made.  They make one offer, one, you take it or leave it, no haggle, just like their cars for sale.

So in the end I sold it for about 1K less than if I went private party, I have a clear conscious that I did not rip anyone off and I did not have to deal with asshole buyers who think it is fun to hassle you and then try to low ball you.

I have never ever had to deal with so much crap as I did trying to sell this car. Worst experience ever. Carmax to the rescue to make it a pain free and very fast ordeal. From the moment I arrived there to leaving took about 1 hour.

Time to move on, now to drop the bombshell on my wife that I have a deposit on an E30 BMW..... LOL!!!

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson