I feel better now

Started by Willie_B, December 01, 2014, 06:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willie_B

That I decided to take a break from the MM message bored. Just too much weird drama/crap over there. Hard to get through anything without THAT person or persons just mucking it all up. I know it shouldn't bother me but it does.  50.gif

There, I feel better already.  62.gif

94touring

Lol.  Yeah it's very bizarre over there right now.  Painful to read actually.   All I will say is I will bust Internet heads if people start acting like that here.   11.gif

Jims5543

I am assuming Mini Mania message board?

Car forums, this is the only one I go to anymore. I used to spend way too much time on them. I gave it all up except for this one. My life is infinitely more productive now.

It is a catch 22 though. I have made friends over the years on car forums. Dan here is one from my RX7 days.  We have never met in person but I consider Dan a friend I have known for a long time.

Same goes for other friends, my my air cooled Porsche 911 days I made friends with a group from Pelican Parts, we started our own forum, and we met up every year to drive our cars around in a highly illegal manner as the manufacturer intended them to be driven.   ;D

Sadly, that little group fell apart, the organizer and host of the forum had some life setbacks that made him somewhat of a bear of the person to deal with online and in real life. As a result the forum fell apart, a facebook page took its place and it is just not the same. I do not facebook as well as a few others, this left us out in the cold. So that was the end of that.

The other non facebook guy and I keep in touch via email and ironically, I was thinking today I needed to drop him a line and say hello.

I like this forum, the asshole factor is zero. The activity is very low so it only takes a few minutes of my day to catch up. Admittedly I am really behind on the restoration threads.

So this is my only distraction anymore.

I was a regular on a BMW board and one day as my blood pressure was creeping upwards..I asked myself, if I dislike these assholes so much on here, why do I visit the site?

I logged off about 6 months ago and never logged back on, then I decided to do the same with every forum. Liberating.... and as I noted on the little forum I was on with the Porsche guys, the car forum is going the way of the dinosaur. There are some BMW Mini sites that have given way to Facebook and are now dormant as well.

Sunshine Mini's in Florida is a perfect example.  No Pistons (an RX7 board) is another.  I can go on and on, there are a few with high traffic but many are ghost towns now.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

MtyMous

Yeah. I'm mad at myself for even getting involved in the first place. I hate drama like that, but I did enjoy the information shared on MM, so I gave a go at trying to defend that. But with no top level support... what can you do. And some people actually think that crap is funny? Wow.

Sadly, I've received more than a couple emails from people telling me off for posing as one of the other spammers. I am not and never was an impostor. I tapped out and that was that.

I'll only be there to sell stuff now. Haha

94touring

Quote from: MtyMous on December 02, 2014, 02:20:55 PM
Yeah. I'm mad at myself for even getting involved in the first place. I hate drama like that, but I did enjoy the information shared on MM, so I gave a go at trying to defend that. But with no top level support... what can you do. And some people actually think that crap is funny? Wow.

Sadly, I've received more than a couple emails from people telling me off for posing as one of the other spammers. I am not and never was an impostor. I tapped out and that was that.

Who was giving you a hard time?

Jims5543

I love I have no idea who anyone is in the Mini world. I feel so liberated.

I wonder who the Brian Cane and Scott Martins are of the Mini world Dan?

Wait!  Scott owned a website and you own this one..... well...I have answered one of my questions now didn't I?

LOL!

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

MtyMous

Quote from: 94touring on December 02, 2014, 05:06:44 PM
Quote from: MtyMous on December 02, 2014, 02:20:55 PM

Not really worth going into. I told them politely that I had nothing to do with it and that I didn't appreciate being lumped in with it. They seemed to believe me, but I really don't care much if they personally believed me or not. They are some of the usual suspects for that kind of stuff. That's all I'll say.

But it seems like I may have sold a few items over there, so that's a win. haha.

Who was giving you a hard time?

94touring

Quote from: Jims5543 on December 02, 2014, 06:31:42 PM
I love I have no idea who anyone is in the Mini world. I feel so liberated.

I wonder who the Brian Cane and Scott Martins are of the Mini world Dan?

Wait!  Scott owned a website and you own this one..... well...I have answered one of my questions now didn't I?

LOL!

Lol yes but I'm no Scott Martin.   I'm not sure who I could compare him to. 

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on December 03, 2014, 03:03:49 AM
Lol yes but I'm no Scott Martin.   I'm not sure who I could compare him to.

94touring