Funny but true story

Started by sparetimetoys, July 12, 2014, 07:20:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparetimetoys

I get a PM on another site from a guy who is working on a mini and he said He is close to our place. I reply and give him my email and we shoot a couple back and forth. It turns out his is also a 1960, also speedwell blue, also an early one his build date was 25 feb I'm 12 jan. I wonder what the odds are that 2 cars the same color built weeks apart 54 years ago on the other side of the world would end up being restored at the same time not 10 miles from each other? This is Ricks car at least it's still blue.
Home of Global Warmer Racing. Saving the smog one car at a time.

94touring

Mudhen

Strange that there are two people nuts enough to jump into restoring old Mini's within 10 miles of each other...but the car thing is crazy!

jedduh01

Thats Awesome !  That car looks exceptionally SOLID!

Put drive gear in it- and go - Keep it aged.!

minifrisco

It is very solid. Not much work required, but since it is in that stage I would prefer to have the body work done and repainted. Will need to have the engine rebuild too.

sparetimetoys

Hey hey neighbor glad to see you logged in. Welcome to the sight.

Jims5543

And another new face appears. Welcome here new guy. Good luck with the Resto.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

tsumini

Welcome minifrisco. I lived in frisco 2003 to 2007. My mini is Jan 20. Good luck on the Resto.

sparetimetoys

Quote from: tsumini on July 15, 2014, 10:33:41 AM
Welcome minifrisco. I lived in frisco 2003 to 2007. My mini is Jan 20. Good luck on the Resto.

When we get all 3 done it would be fun to get a photo of them together some time when your passing thru since the build dates are so close.

MtyMous

And then I'll drive down and crash the party with my resto-mod monstrosity. Haha

tsumini

Quote from: sparetimetoys on July 15, 2014, 04:37:56 PM
Quote from: tsumini on July 15, 2014, 10:33:41 AM

When we get all 3 done it would be fun to get a photo of them together some time when your passing thru since the build dates are so close.
Yeah it would but if I don't get busy...  Keep getting distracted researching property and debating whether to survey it. Corners have never been set so don't know where they are but have good guess I think.  Timeshare disputes....
but did manage to get Brake and Clutch Master cylinders honed and seals replaced. Clutch MC is 59 correct bean can with removable nut on top. Tested both with no leaks and worked good.

tsumini

Quote from: MtyMous on July 15, 2014, 09:51:58 PM
And then I'll drive down and crash the party with my resto-mod monstrosity. Haha
Did he just say drive down and crash?

MtyMous

Quote from: tsumini on July 16, 2014, 09:36:55 AM
Quote from: MtyMous on July 15, 2014, 09:51:58 PM
Did he just say drive down and crash?

I did... I'm crazy like that  63.gif