A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

I'm surprised you don't get more of this stuff living so close to the border......I'm also surprised it's not a lot less expensive!
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on July 11, 2022, 04:01:28 PM
I'm surprised you don't get more of this stuff living so close to the border......I'm also surprised it's not a lot less expensive!

I wonder if this oil will be sold (or is sold) nationwide at Walmart?   Even though it says it meets API-SP, the package is remarkably void of any other accreditations from automobile manufacturers such as ILSAC GF-6 etc.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

BruceK

Well, seems you can now pickup a fancy golf cart at Lowes.   For $10K

Or... you could import a Kei van like a Honda Acty with more seating, a/c, lights and wipers, that can be road legal for 1/3 that price.

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

cstudep

I don't understand the appeal of these "side by side" or UTV's or whatever they call them these days. Seems like everyone up here owns one, and most of them live in town. Some of them are probably close to 30k in price, I just don't get the appeal of one. They are loud, uncomfortable, get pretty terrible fuel mileage and mostly useless as far as I can tell.

BruceK

Apparently anything, and I mean anything can be marketed.

I know that when I feel I want to buy breath mints, it just wouldn't be right unless the mints were based upon the trees painted by Bov Ross.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

gr8kornholio

And sadly non of that is goes to his family.  It's all his business partners that most people didn't even know he had. 
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

Willie_B

Willie_B

MiniDave

Did they pave around it? I have a pic of about 30-40 new MINIs parked around in front of it from a trip we took to Rushmore in conjunction with the 5280 MINI group in 2009.

Did you go to Devil's Tower too?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Willie_B

It is paved around where the cars are. Decided to save Devils Tower for the next trip.

In Broken Bow Nebraska for the night. Stop to fill up the RV and the pump had no card readers and a sign to come inside. I went in and handed the counter guy $100 bill. He looked at me odd and said to pump first then come inside and pay.  Must of hit a time warp today.

Brit_in_TX

BruceK

That's nice.  Wonder if the owner is a Mini fan, or just wanted to use a small car for the graphic?
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

The British car show in Austin this morning.  Good turnout of Minis, but not so for other marques.   Could be the weather. 

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

MiniDave

Great turnout of Minis, what's wrong with the weather? Looked clear enough? Hot?

Loved the twin cam in the Clubman.....

Was the blue Vtec Tiffany Holt's car?

Edit: No, it wasn't after seeing the car in another pic

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on September 25, 2022, 09:28:15 AM
Great turnout of Minis, what's wrong with the weather? Looked clear enough? Hot?

Hot?  Yes indeedy.  It was about 95° with a dewpoint of 64.  And extremely sunny. 

They really shouldn't have car shows this time of year.  Other than perhaps Cars & Coffee which is all over by 9 AM.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

There is a Texas artist whose medium is the dust sitting on the rear window of hatchbacks.  Yes really.   Check out this story: 

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/amazing-art-from-dirty-car-windows/3/

Anyway on the way home I happened to spot a recent and timely piece of his art driving in front of me.  All done by selectively removing the dust from a rear window.

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

I've seen this sort of stuff done before, it takes significant talent to me, cause you're working in reverse....

This was a nice tribute, BTW.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

There was a new Lotus Emira at the show today, did you see it?

BTW, I know who the blue Mini Vtec belongs too- it's the son of one of my friends from Lawrence - and the red Lotus parked next to the Emira is his also - it has a Honda K motor in it instead of a Toyota....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on September 25, 2022, 04:01:22 PM

I caught a glimpse of it as it was leaving.  It's a good looking car.

BTW, I know who the blue Mini Vtec belongs too- it's the son of one of my friends from Lawrence - and the red Lotus parked next to the Emira is his also - it has a Honda K motor in it instead of a Toyota....

Small world, eh?   Nice Mini.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Brit_in_TX

You are talking about Kyle Miller. He has done some work for me on the Woody.

Brit_in_TX

Quote from: BruceK on September 25, 2022, 08:32:39 AM
The British car show in Austin this morning.  Good turnout of Minis, but not so for other marques.   Could be the weather.

There was a couple of facebook posts complaining about the hotel not allowing trailers, and people saying they would be cancelling. 

MPlayle

I went as a spectator this year.  When arriving (about 10:00 a.m.), there were quite a few trailers parked on the side streets surrounding the show plaza.  Knowing the parking lot situation at the host hotel, there were way too many trailers for the limited parking at the hotel.  (The vacant lot in front of the hotel where trailers used to park is now a QT gas station.)

Unfortunately, there is not any suitable, nearby alternative parking for trailers.