Previous topic - Next topic

Clubman_estate_BE

hey every1

I'm new here so first a intro :D
I'm Nick Lams from belgium 21 years young :D

whatever y'all want to know about me just ask

I have a clubman estate from 1979 with a 1000 engine

The shell is in pretty good condition it only got's 4 rust marks
3 where the backwindow is and 1 on the roof but it's not bigger then a piece of 2 euro
I will complete restore it and i'm thinking to make it original :D

the car is now standing for about 10 years in a hangar but the engine still starts at first crank  4.gif
there is no interieur so i'm in search for it :D
but i will tear everything down and sandblast everything possible
i'm not shore i will sandblast the shell because of the high power of the sand that make's heat and could get bend .
The chasis would also be powdercoated just like the front subframe and back .

if you have idea's or tips tricks for me then feel free :D
if someone could tell me how to add pictures it would be great

94touring

Welcome.  You figured out how to use the smilies, for attachments when you make a post or reply you will see a tab that says attachments and other options.  Click that.  Or you can click the media link at the top of the website and create your own folder and then link them to your post with the very tiny picture icon just above and to the left of the smiles.  Insert the link to the picture between this  [img[/img] and you're all set.

Clubman_estate_BE

http://www.restorationmini.com/forum/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=52
I think the pictures are there

Thanks for helping me

94touring

You got it figured out.  What's your plan of action to start?

Clubman_estate_BE

Complete restauration i have a friend and he has a professional room to sandblast so the chassis willgo there just like the sub frames and maybe the Shell the engine there i'm not so Sire of but i Will keep it original but bring it to some one to rebuild it for the rest i dont know for now as praint and stuff but this wil come along as the build Goes i'm Also renovating my house so i dont have the full time and money to keep werking on it so we Will See

94touring

Mudhen

Nice!  Welcome aboard Clubman!

I think you're right...no sandblasting on big panels as they will warp.  But using different types of media can get the paint without bending the metal - glass bead, walnut shells, soda all work I believe.  The sandblaster I bought from Eastwood has 2 tanks - one for sand, and one for soda - you can dial in how much of each is coming out to match the power you need.  I still haven't ever used the soda, though...

Keep us updated on your progress!

Pat

Clubman_estate_BE

thks mudhen for the info but ...

The sandblasting is not like your's its industrial.
The guy that has it is a metal worker he make's fences and gates .
He starts with blanc metal and then sandblast it and then galvanise it then powdercoat so i think the power would be much more than what u have (i think) so for large pieces it would not be good like u say
but i will go there for small bits and pieces so

the car isn't at my house now it will be in december so ...for now i will just  50.gif lol
but for now i have a mini leyland with a lot of work and i dont want to spend much on it for now i rather would spend money on the estate and a other mini that only has 4 minor point so first things first
Its a black one from 1989 and a little rust on the door so for now i'm  just looking what i could do on the leyland  without spending money  4.gif

Clubman_estate_BE

started on the leyland just a half a hour

It has no key  :-[ :-[
But i got the wires out of the ignition barrel and hot wired them so now i have a starter engine thats cranks but it doesn't crank up the engine maybe tomorrow i will fix it if i find the time
also noticed that the throttle cable is broken so we will see

Clubman_estate_BE

yeaahhaa i found the problem the starter engine was stuck it didn't move untill now i put some WD-40 on it and its as smooth like butter now if i have spare time i will check the spark plugs and some stuff also fix the throttle cable and look for the problem with the clutch so fingers crossed

Mudhen

Re-reading your post from the other day - so how many Mini's do you have???   4.gif

More pics please.   ;D

Clubman_estate_BE

Quote from: Mudhen on October 05, 2013, 02:43:16 AM
Re-reading your post from the other day - so how many Mini's do you have???   4.gif

More pics please.   ;D

i now have 3 :D but 2 are still in the netherlands 1 is at home its a dark red one from 1973 and the estate is now yellow with grey :D and a black one from 1989 i will post some pictures on here

Clubman_estate_BE

i have put the pictures in my album but dont know how i could put them on here  50.gif :-[

94touring

Just saw you posted a bunch in the gallery.  Copy the direct link of the photo and paste it between the image tags after clicking the image icon, which is just above this guy  :D.  It's the one that looks like a tiny Mona Lisa.

Clubman_estate_BE

Clubman_estate_BE

Hey everyone here is a little update :D
The red one is going along well i found that the spark plug leads where wrong on the distributor cap .
The timing whas wrong the condensator was broken so i orderd new parts for it the help cylinder for the clutch whas stuck so i will go and get a new one .
The alternator was running into a small bit of the metal case of the radiator so pushed that back in place .
The small tube for the oil pressure wasn't connected so did that also
Now i just need a new gasket for the in and outlet so it is all vacuum and then i hope he will start :D
i will be posting some pic's of the things i did later on

good night

Clubman_estate_BE

Hello ,

i have a question my estate has arrived finally but now ...
I want to do a paint job on the car i want to do the prep work and let someone paint it for me but how do i start ?
Do i rub the car to the metal ? or just the shiny coat of?

94touring

Clubman_estate_BE

found that yesterday i'm going all to the metal :D yesterday whas a great day i finally found the issue of engine didn't run the fuel pump doesn't have power it starts on startspray ;D

Clubman_estate_BE

The estate is running on gasoline finally the jet whas stuck so cleaned it and noticed that a few parts are missing on the jet so i will be getting a new pieces