1982 Refurbish

Started by 94touring, April 24, 2009, 06:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

batman1usa

;D  well I know you all been just on the edge of your seat to see me in this mini.  I've tried with my banker and they will only loan 1/2 and that was on a $7000.00 one that I could have had.  I don't seem to find values for mini's in Kbb or Nada?  The banker says because the are (Classic) they consider them a Hobby car so they don't do loans for them.  He would loan 1/2.  So I'm at a stand still purchasing one and looking more at ordering a few panels for my '75 and patching it up.
  If I had the $$ I'd already have a daily driver classic in the garage.
  Oh well there will aways be another deal down the road after I hit the lottery.

94 the car looks good though you did a nice job with all the pics along the way I've been watching.

JD

94touring

I did get one loan on a mini years and years ago for my sportpack for 18k.  I just had to have it appraised for the bank to be satisfied with its value.  You may want to ask your bank about that.  OR I could do seller fianancing, seeing how I'm waiting on the title still anyhow.  ;)

gasmini

I used to think that a white top looked better on a mini but you did such a great job on this one I might have to change my mind on that. I can only hope mine turns out as good as yours. Thanks for the pictures along the way.

gasmini

94touring

Took the car cruising around town today and turned lots of heads.  :)  Got all sorts of thumbs up and waves.  Now I don't want to sell it, lol. 

Minicop

Quote from: 94touring on May 22, 2009, 06:32:42 PM
Took the car cruising around town today and turned lots of heads.  :)  Got all sorts of thumbs up and waves.  Now I don't want to sell it, lol. 

Now that is called the Forence Nightengale Effect, where the doctor falls for the patient. :D Sorry, couldn't help myself. ;D

I got a compliment on my car today. I was dropping off my dry cleaning and the girl recodnized me and my car. Kinda cool.

Hayman9644

Hey Bud
   I just got off work and thought I would check out your latest project it looks great.  Now I just have to get batman to agree to 400 bucks and I will get the rust out of his garage.  Then he can come get your car.  Got any takers on this on yet?

94touring

Hey John, no takers yet.  Just put it up for sale the other day though.  And actually I could deliver this one to OK so I could haul my pickup back.  Gives me an excuse, even though the thought of driving across the country again makes me cringe a little.

94touring

Couple pics from today visiting family.  Had to snap a few cause the scenery was so green. 

batman1usa

Quote from: Hayman9644 on May 23, 2009, 01:32:26 AM
Hey Bud
   I just got off work and thought I would check out your latest project it looks great.  Now I just have to get batman to agree to 400 bucks and I will get the rust out of his garage.  Then he can come get your car.  Got any takers on this on yet?

Captain didn't I already give you the give away price of $750.00?  What do we all consider the shell?  Just for clarification.

94touring

A shell to me is the shell plus doors, bonnet, and boot.  Nothing else. 

Minicop

So 94, any takers yet on that SWEET refurbish? If I had the money and was back in the states, I'd be knocking on your door. ;D

94touring

Yes a guy came by yesterday and looked at it.  He just has to sell his BINI to buy it. 

joltfreak

check out the official website for updates!!!!! 

batman1usa

Well I sent the bank a loan app for a mini cooper just to see for sure what they will do.  They first told me verbally 50% of what I asked for.  Then they sent me a loan app to fill out and they will take it before the committee?? and see what they say.  It's a small bank I guess everyone has to sign off on it  :-\  They don't want to have millions tied up in a classic mini I guess?  What does this do?

94touring

Hope it works out for you.  If you buy this one I'm delivering to OK personally so I can get my pickup out here!

94touring

Hey I just got to thinking....why not tell them you want a loan for 17k and then you'd have half!

batman1usa

Quote from: 94touring on May 29, 2009, 02:14:38 PM
Hey I just got to thinking....why not tell them you want a loan for 17k and then you'd have half!

This thought crossed my mind  :-\

94touring

Plus I need to buy your windshield for my pickup while I'm out there.  And a brake master. 

94touring

Fixed the windshield wiper motor yesterday.  Decided I'd take a look at it by taking the motor out and taking it apart.  After putting it back together it now works.  Easy fix, lol.  Thats the only thing that wasn't working on the car. 

94touring

And sold!  Unless he backs out, lol.  Going to a guy in NYC.  If all works out I may try and pick up another car up north while I'm delivering this one. 

Minicop

:-\ Ughh... New York. That car will be rusted out in a couple of years considering the salt lick streets!

RIP

94touring

Kinda depends if he keeps it in his garage when the weather is bad or not.  The other car I bought is in CT and rust free. 

94touring

Just got off the phone with the buyer and he actually bought a garage just for this mini, so its going to a good home it would seem.

batman1usa

I find myself just gazing through this post from time to time reminissing about the '82 and it's rebuild.  OH how I would have loved this car.   :)

8)

94touring

Yep you almost had it.  :(