1960 Morris Cooper - Full Restoration

Started by SomethingNew71, June 06, 2013, 08:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SomethingNew71

Hey everyone another user "jedduh01" told me I should post my restore on here.  I have had my car about 2 years and have been slowly restoring it that whole time.  Jedduh has helped me for the last year on finishing things up and getting everything in working order.  Lucky for you, you get to see the entire progression of the car since I have been working on it so long.  To save room I have linked an album below which you can mouse through. 

Full Restore Album: http://imgur.com/a/MN0wx#0

Please ask any questions I am happy to ask them.  There was so much done to the car it would be crazy to list everything out.

1960 Morris Cooper - 1275cc motor from Austin America

Before:

After:

94touring

SomethingNew71

Oh yeah for sure!!  Love sharing info about it.  I wish I could embed an iframe into my post so I could add the album directly to the post. 

Mudhen

So much for getting any work done at work today...  :(

Love the color!

Pat

SomethingNew71

Glad I could help you procrastinate!!   4.gif  The color was actually a mistake was supposed to be the darker version of tahiti blue but I ended up really loving it.

Hercplt

Do you still have the original Morris Grill and Suround as seen on the "before" pic??  I've been looking for one.
Cheers.
Rich
1980 Mini 1000 (Canadian Spec).
998cc +60.  12G295 Head (ported, skimmed etc), VP7 Cam, Twin HS2.... sweet sweet 7.5" Cooper brakes!

dutchy1978

Nice work on the resto and mounting the kerb. How did that happen?

SomethingNew71

Quote from: hercplt on June 10, 2013, 07:40:21 AM
Do you still have the original Morris Grill and Suround as seen on the "before" pic??  I've been looking for one.
Cheers.
Rich

I don't actually have it anymore.  Sorry!  I actually sold it.

SomethingNew71

Quote from: dutchy1978 on June 10, 2013, 03:56:59 PM
Nice work on the resto and mounting the kerb. How did that happen?

Some stupid person didn't look before they pulled into the road and the pulled in front of me while I was going about 35-40mph.  Couldn't stop in time and my rear brakes locked up.  Up onto the curb I went.

Mudhen

Did you have to replace the entire boot floor?  How bad was it?

I'm debating on my car...I have a bunch of pin holes but no big rust spots - same on the battery box.  Almost wish it was totally rotted out so it would be obvious what was needed.

I think I just fell in love.

SomethingNew71

Quote from: Mudhen on June 11, 2013, 02:21:19 AM

Did you have to replace the entire boot floor?  How bad was it?

I'm debating on my car...I have a bunch of pin holes but no big rust spots - same on the battery box.  Almost wish it was totally rotted out so it would be obvious what was needed.

I think I just fell in love.

I did to the whole boot floor extending all the way to the back seat.  The boot floor wasn't so bad but I would recommend having some skill as a welder.  The hardest part is keeping the shape of the car.  I would recommend adding a bar in between the rear wheel wells before cutting the old floor out.  to maintain the shape and prevent warping. 

I love those brakes.  They are absolutely awesome but man do they produce a lot of brake dust!!  Haha

wevebeenhad

Great through and through. Enjoyed the pictures. Makes me want to do it again!

Mudhen

wevebeenhad

mudhen, i mean another restoration. I suppose i should have clarified. haha. But yeah I've been to maine!