Adding a Moke

Started by Willie_B, September 15, 2012, 09:35:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willie_B

About to head out to Birmingham, Al to hopefully pick-up a Moke. The photos look good but we know how that goes. Don't even know what engine is in it. It is a 1967 Austin Moke, LHD. Possibly one of the Catalina Mokes but that is just a guess at this point. Should have it in the garage tonight.

Willie_B

Somewhere under all the metal that has been riveted or bolted on there may be some of the original Moke metal. Whoever did the restoration just covered all the bad areas with new metal by any means possible the slathered on the paint to cover the rest. SO, get it running and stopping without drama and drive and have fun with it, 850cc magic wand and all. I am not even sure the rear susp. works, I think both rear arms are siezed due to lack of grease. At least I can get front to move up/down somewhat. The first project is the brake/clutch pedals are siezed together and onto the shaft. Then go thru the wiring. The neighbors that have seen thing I am still nuts, but more so now.

clm

Looks good, Very Yellow!

Are you planning on doing a restoration thread on it? And More pics! :)

Chris

94touring

Covered bad areas with new metal...kinda like the pickup too huh!?  Funny how some people go about it.  Can't wait to see more pics.

Willie_B

The Moke is pretty rotten with all the patches and all, but here are some of the finer repairs.

Willie_B

clm

Oh my, those are much larger patches then mine had... Though I hope yours has less rust then mine.

Are you planning on rebuilding it? The panels are actually not that bad pricewise if you are, Looking forward to a resto thread ;)

Chris