ANyone order from M-Machine??

Started by macmanron, July 19, 2011, 09:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macmanron

Anyone here order anything from M-Machine?? What was the easiest way to order? Did you have a good experience with them??
1966 Austin Cooper S,1965 Morris Mini Minor Traveller, 1965 Triumph TR4A, 1965 Triumph Spitfire(project)

macmanron

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU!!!!!!!! GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1966 Austin Cooper S,1965 Morris Mini Minor Traveller, 1965 Triumph TR4A, 1965 Triumph Spitfire(project)

94touring

MPlayle

I can't remember if I have or not.  Last time I got any panels (ended up not installing them myself - sold with the particular Mini they were purchased for), was many years ago.

I do recall hearing decent reports about them, especially for having things in stock and fairly prompt shipping.  Again, that was a long time ago so things may have changed.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.  May someday need the information though - now that I have another classic Mini myself.

snack

Ron,  Not timely, but I did order from M-Machine.  I bought Rand L inner and outer sills and floor up to the first groove, all welded up to be installed as a unit. M-Machine was the only people I saw offering this.  I ordered some other small panels for a total panel order of about $270.00  the shipping on these were $169.00 US.
The exchange at the time was $1.54 per Pound.  It took a couple of days for them to make the panels up and 3 days from when the were sent and I received them Fedex.

I have only dry fitted them but they look good.  I called the order in to make sure I was getting what I actually wanted.  Overall I had no problems and no complaints.
Steve

Gizmorama

same same, they were decent quality (thickness) and shaped properly so they offered up well.

MEhinger

I have used a lot of panels from Mini machine. I have no complaints. But my projects are so far gone when I start that I probably wouldn't regognize bad fit. The one thing I can comment on are the half floor pieces. I got the ones with the outer sill also fitted. I can't tell for sure but it seems like the outer sill was shifted a bit from where it should be (front to back). But is doesn't matter because there is a lot of fitting to do at the ends.

They are great to deal with. Best to give them a call.  They will give you advice on various filler panels you might need that are not obvious. And they have done a lot with these to help problem areas.

But as Snack indicates, the shipping is a heavy cost. I still don't think the combined cost is too bad compared to the alternates.

macmanron

Thanks guys, I have a good order going to them soon. Just placed a good sized order with Mini-Sport as well. Been saving up so I can get all my panels at one time and then really bust this car out!!!