Wanted - MKI - Speedo and rear seat

Started by minifrisco, March 25, 2023, 08:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

minifrisco

Willie_B

Do you want a working one? I have one I took some parts off of. Just for the cost of postage.

PMF5150

Thanks but the one I put in was brand new not much to it so thats why im thinking the center hole that the needle runs through might be a diff size causing the problem thanks Paul

minifrisco

Willie_B

This is what I have.

MiniDave

Quote from: PMF5150 on March 27, 2023, 11:17:50 AMThanks but the one I put in was brand new not much to it so thats why im thinking the center hole that the needle runs through might be a diff size causing the problem thanks Paul

I've run into this too Paul, I've had to grind a tiny bit off the sides of the end of the cable to get it to fit into the speedo. You have to use a grinder as it's too hard for a file.....there seems to be a mismatch between new speedos and the old cables....

The other thing you can do is visit a local speedo shop and see if they can fix you up with a new inner cable the right size - they can make them to length.

Old cars are just not plug and play, there's always a bit of fettling to do to get things to work.....
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

minifrisco

I appreciate but unfortunately that speedometer is a newer model and will not work for parts with the one I have, I have an older model 1960 with only 5 digit odometer.
Thanks