Good job related news

Started by 94touring, October 06, 2010, 02:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

I just got the call that US Airways express carier Air Wisconsin hired me.  Waiting on my class date.  Here is my new ride...

MPlayle

Cool!  Awesome ride!   :-\ 

Does this mean you are moving again?

94touring

Nah I'll be commuting.  A bit long to commute from here to the east coast but its doable. 

MiniGene

Congrats!  So how exactly does that commuting work?  What city will you be based out of? 

Tell your boss, "Take this job and shove it!"

94touring

I'm aiming for DC, since two of my best buddies in flight college and fellow work collegues in the past work at the same place and are based there.  Actually the one buddy got hired a week before my interview and is in ground school right now.  As far as commuting goes, I just list myself on flights and go to work a day ahead of time or enough time ahead to make it there for my flight.  We'll have a crashpad in DC for that reason like many pilots end up doing.  This company also lets you off at noon on your last day to commute home which is nice, and if you get delayed and are unable to get off at noon you get an extra day off.     

joltfreak

check out the official website for updates!!!!! 

MPlayle

Commuting like that can be hard, but at least they seem to give nice perks to offset the hardship.  Congratulations again.

4.gif

MiniGene

Wow, that sounds like an insane schedule and commuting routine.   That would be cool if I ever found myself on one of your flights sometime. 

MEhinger

I fly USAir between Knoxville and DC quite a bit.

94touring

Leaving Sunday for a month, then a break and gone another month.  I'll try to check in as I have time but its been a ghost town lately anyways. 

MPlayle

Are "lurkers" now ghosts?  I get teased about being a ghost so much anyway, might as well be declared one hear!   ;D

Best of luck on your upcoming long "absences".

Cheers,
Michael Playle

Seeing ghosts:  :-\

joltfreak

94touring

Made it home today!  1 month off then its back to the grind ;D

joltfreak

i'm lucky just to be able to have Christmas and new years off!

been so busy lately that i only seen my desk maybe twice in the last three months (on the road alot)

94touring

I'm lucky to have the holiday off too.  Started going through procedures, flows, and profiles.  The sim is going to kick my ass I can already tell.  Probably a good thing I have time to prepare.   11.gif

94touring

Well back to the grind guys.  I'll be gone for about another month and checking in as I have time. 

MPlayle

Good Luck!   4.gif

(Don't lose your sanity, or is it insanity?)

:o

94touring

batman1usa

8.gif  lOOKS crowded and too many buttons for me to push trying to figure out what they do.

94touring

Wish I could say I'm having fun learning the systems but its a little overwhelming with trying to fly and run checklists with the other pilot. 

94touring

Well guys I just got my type rating in this jet, hoping to get a couple days off before back to the grind once again.  Been a long couple months.

94touring

Off for a few days.  Flying up and down the east coast this week was fun.  May tackle some items on the truck a day or two while I'm off.