The new Wheeler Dealers Mk III, after Edd, after Ant.

Started by BruceK, September 08, 2021, 09:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceK

This is from the latest version of Wheeler Dealers, which has not yet been broadcast in the US. 

Mike has left California and he brought the show back to the UK.  But Ant stayed behind to date a famous Hollywood actress. (Actually True)

So the new Wheeler Dealer guy is Elvis, who used to be an F1 mechanic.

This video mentions how rare Mk I Minis are now in the UK.  Crazy that they had millions and millions of them and scrapped nearly all of them. 

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

gr8kornholio

Which is Rene Zellweger who he (Ant) met on his new show IOU celebrity joyride.  Been watching it on Discovery+. 
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MiniDave

He already met, married, had a kid and divorced the little blond that redoes and flips houses....moving in large circles is that boy.....

The show with Elvis has been on for a while now - I've seen episodes as much as a year ago IIRC.....
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

That blonde is nuts.  Pretty sure she ran him off. She's got so much going on probably wanted Ant to be a stay at home dad.  She wasn't supposed to be able to have kids.  So that was a big wooops.  Think that's a lot of the reason he stayed in LA.  The wife watches all of her shows too.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

BruceK

I never imagined all the comments on Ant and his love life!

Quote from: MiniDave on September 09, 2021, 08:02:50 AM

The show with Elvis has been on for a while now - I've seen episodes as much as a year ago IIRC.....

On TV?  Or YouTube?

I've missed entirely if it's been on TV. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

cstudep

I had never even heard of a guy called Ant prior to this conversation, and I already feel like I know way too much about him and his "love life" LOL

MiniDave

Ant Anstead? Edd China's replacement on Wheeler Dealers....he made his life with Christina pretty much part of the show, especially the one where he builds the Alfa single seater, as she was about to have their baby as he was rushing to finish it up. They divorced shortly after that show wrapped up IIRC.

TV is where I saw the new WD show, it seems like, Bruce.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

cstudep

Nope, never heard of Wheeler Dealers either, or Edd until the thread started here where he branched out on his own.

I don't watch much TV though, we have not had anything resembling what I would call "TV" for many years now. We have a subscription to the Brit Box streaming channel so when we watch something it's usually old Brit sitcoms/crime dramas and such.

Been learning to tig weld so that is how I have been spending my evenings lately.

Scargo

In keeping with the renaming of professional sports teams over here such as the Washington Football Team and the Cleveland Guardians, apparently it's safe to say that the same type of political correctness has made it's way to the UK. He referred to the master and slave cylinders as primary and secondary. I knew it was only going to be a matter of time.

94touring

Quote from: cstudep on September 09, 2021, 02:18:44 PM
Nope, never heard of Wheeler Dealers either, or Edd until the thread started here where he branched out on his own.

I don't watch much TV though, we have not had anything resembling what I would call "TV" for many years now. We have a subscription to the Brit Box streaming channel so when we watch something it's usually old Brit sitcoms/crime dramas and such.

Been learning to tig weld so that is how I have been spending my evenings lately.

I didn't know about them either.  I also don't turn the TV on unless it's Netflix, Hulu, or Prime. 

BruceK

Crazy. I've been a Wheeler Dealers fan for 15+ years.  I even remember an earlier series that had Mike and Edd working in his garage at the dealership but I can't remember the name of it.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

On You Tube you can find some of the very early WD shows, including the first one with a very young Edd repainting the left rear quarter panel on a 924 with spray cans!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad