Economic Impact Payment #3

Started by Willie_B, March 30, 2021, 07:28:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willie_B

Got a Visa Debit card in the mail yesterday. Seems this is one way the money is getting sent. So if you get one in the mail and think this is kinda weird don't just toss it out. It's your money. It does have your name/names on it.

MPlayle

How you receive it will vary.  I got mine by direct deposit as that is how I got my regular tax refund.

94touring

I'm assuming this is only for certain income brackets?  $1400 or something like that for those who qualify?

BruceK

Ours came via direct deposit a couple of weeks ago.   And it was $1400 times two of us.

The Visa card sure encourages you to spend it rather than save it doesn't it?
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

gr8kornholio

My wife's grandmother got the Visa card for the first one last year and thought it was a scam so she threw it away.  Later realized this mistake when some of her friends started asking about it.   Ours comes direct also assuming it's cause how we get our return. 
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MiniDave

We always get a check in the mail - haven't seen it yet, but the day it gets here a big chunk of it will be spent on a new refrigerator.....why we need a 26 cu ft fridge for just the two of us is beyond me, but then I don't need her questioning the three big toolboxes full of tools either!   ;D
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

I love big fridges!  I'd buy a commercial sized one but it won't fit in our kitchen.

MPlayle

Quote from: 94touring on March 30, 2021, 07:51:51 AM
I'm assuming this is only for certain income brackets?  $1400 or something like that for those who qualify?

Yes, the "stimulus" payment is for certain income brackets.  Up to $75K for individuals, $150K married filing jointly.  The payment gets rapidly phased out so those above $80K do not get a payment.