Neccos

Started by MiniDave, March 05, 2021, 08:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

My poison, my kryptonite.....

They were out of business for a year or more, but public outcry and demand caused them to re-organize the company and go back into business. I could not find any for a long time, but now Rose found a secret source and bought some for me....she has to hide them or I simply power thru a package....

So, what's your secret craving?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

The hotel I use to stay at on my Boston overnights was directly beside the Necco factory.

I'm pretty simplistic in my cravings. Basically anything sweet in front of me I'll devour the entire amount.  Therefore I rarely buy sugary sweets.  I had to gripe at Jen for having candy in the house cause I end up eating it all and end up with tight fitting pants.  My go to if I were to buy something is usually peanut M&M's.

MiniDave

I know, right? One of the ways I was able to lose a few pounds was to convince Rose to quit buying certain things, like cookies, donuts and other sweets!

She falls back once in a while and it's a tough week till either she eats them or they get thrown out.

But Neccos are my kryptonite, if we have them in the house I will find them and start eating them! One thing I'm trying to find out - do they get harder over time, or softer? Cause once I bought some that were like the candy hearts, soft and very chewy - so good! But mostly they're hard as rocks....

The same company makes candy hearts for Valentine's day

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Neccos are an interesting candy.  Can't say I've had them in the past 20 years or more.  You would have had a craving at that hotel cause you could smell a hint of them in the air. 

Probably weirdest craving I get around Easter are those stupid marshmallow chicks, but left open to harden up.  That's something from my childhood my dad did. 

MiniDave

Peeps? I never was a big fan of those.....I did like the chocolate bunnys tho....  77.gif

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Ah yes, Peeps.  I couldn't remember the name  :-[

ADRay

I remember getting Neccos for trick-or-treat. I grew up north of Boston.
1982 Mini 1000 HL
@andyray998

ve9aa

The older I get, the more I realize, in Canada, we are deprived of a lot of these treats.

I'm in my 50's and have NEVER heard of Neccos.  Oreo's, yes, Necco's, no.

Mike in NB

30 minutes in a Mini is more therapeutic than 3 sessions at the shrink.

MPlayle

I did not remember them until I looked them up due to this thread.  Then I remembered them from a VERY long time ago.

jedduh01

I was all for Butterfingers = but over a year ago Nestle sold the brand to Ferraro Foods ( sold a few others Like CRUNCH too)

Well Ferraro thought they would improve the Butterfinger.. and 100% its different and in my opinion horrible.  Even had taste tests with friends
    No longer as sticky crunchy that i like more = they tried to make it creamier / nuttier.

I wrote the company my displeasure and sure enough, well =  it be what it be.. Havn't eaten another butterfinger on purpose since....

Cookies + Brownies + donuts are my sweets to go to on the regular = having them out of the house is the protocol.