Cars in movies and TV

Started by Willie_B, March 02, 2021, 08:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willie_B

Atlanta is like Hollywood east now for filming movies and TV shows. There is a outfit here that has a list of private owner cars that are available for background. I joined the group several months back. Got a call tonight to see if my mini was available for tomorrow. Sadly I do not have the engine in yet. By next week but not now. The sad part is the pay for the day was $1000. I did not ask for more details. Guess I really need to get to work. I am surprised it was that much as background cars usually go for 250 to 350 for the day. Hope there is a next time. They even put out a post for anyone that had a Quickjack lift for the day a few weeks back.

jedduh01

Thats awesome!

North Carolina gave away a huge benefit for the same type of Filming + Production within the state .  That drove the production companies straight to Atl + Other southern places for filming.
    You cant get southen Red Clay + Live Oak + Willow trees in Southern California Filming!

Homeland was a big one in Charlotte back a few years ago .

Willie_B

MacGyver is shot here. It's fun picking out stuff I recognize in the background. Parts of Stone Mountain were in the last episode.

Red Riley

Anyone watching the Righteous Gemstones? That's filmed in Charleston. Danny McBride's production company is in the old Sears store.

BruceK

Do the film companies let you park your own car as a background car?  And can you sort of keep an eye on it?  I would hate to trust some clueless assistant or flunky driving my car. 

Of course if I had an old beater I didn't care about, then no problemo.   But for a car I care about, that's different. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

ve9aa

Quote from: Red Riley on March 03, 2021, 10:53:12 AM
Anyone watching the Righteous Gemstones? That's filmed in Charleston. Danny McBride's production company is in the old Sears store.

I'm getting this subliminal message that this placed used to be something else, like, uuhhhh, I don't know, maybe a *SEARS* ?

;-)

Beautiful car and trailer btw !

LOL!  I only read your TEXT, after I sent this message.  All I saw initially was the picture.  I am not firing on all cylinders today.
Root canal yesterday after battling an abscessed tooth for 6 weeks. (long story)
Mike in NB

30 minutes in a Mini is more therapeutic than 3 sessions at the shrink.

Willie_B

Quote from: BruceK on March 03, 2021, 01:06:27 PM
Do the film companies let you park your own car as a background car?  And can you sort of keep an eye on it?  I would hate to trust some clueless assistant or flunky driving my car. 

Of course if I had an old beater I didn't care about, then no problemo.   But for a car I care about, that's different.

Nobody but the owner drives any of the cars. They are not insured to do so.