Might be painting a plane

Started by 94touring, June 15, 2010, 09:28:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Its specifically for aviation, whatever that means.  I think its just a little on the thin side is all, so if you lay in on a little heavy you get a nice run.  I'm currently redoing the pieces I did and laying them flat and flipping each side.  A little trickier that way but at least it helps prevent running.  

Edit: shot over the panels with the runs and the F'n paint wrinkled!  I stopped quick before I made way more work for myself.  Setting them aside and will worry about painting them next week after it dries solid.  Can said it was ok to shoot them after 24 hours if a 2nd coat was needed....bastards!

94touring

Got the Arrow pretty well buffed and shiney.  Started putting tail numbers on after buying vinyl letters from aerographics, and I fubared two of them.  Accidently touched stickies and ruined.  I'll wait till I have the other side on before I order the two new numbers in case I screw up again.  PITA. 

MiniGene

Haha, I remember a couple years back you sent me some vinyl number plate stickers for my mini (for the hood for a rally look).  I totally effed up both of them trying to put them on! LOL

94touring

Haha well that makes me feel better.  I was pretty pissed. 

94touring

Finished up the plane.   4.gif

Willie_B

Looks super. Hope the owner thinks so as well.

MiniGene

That's awesome!  Looks like a million bucks now.

94touring

I hope he likes it too.  Now I get paid  ;D