Yokohama A008?

Started by carockwell, February 05, 2021, 05:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carockwell

I was surprised to see a video where it was claimed that the Yokohama A008 made a good rain tire. I have always been afraid to mount these tires because I thought they were a poor choice for wet weather. It would be nice to mount A008's in place of my 22 year old Dunlop SP's (which were never actually round) because they are the easiest 10 inch tire to get in the USA. Anybody have some input?

MiniDave

I never had any issues with A008's in the rain.....and I've driven my share of nasty rainy roads with them. I now run Yokomama 539's (13's) and they seem to do OK too.....

I've bought my last couple of sets of A008's from MiniSpares, they had the best price and shipping terms.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Willie_B

I have been running A008's for at least 10 years in all sorts of weather with no problems. It is the only tire I will use. I probably average 4000 miles a year each year. Longest trip to date was 5000 miles in one trip.

ADRay

mine came with them, and I replaced them with new ones last year. Good tire, although I don't do much Mini driving in the rain if I can help it.
1982 Mini 1000 HL
@andyray998

94touring

Used 008s for ages and never had any issues in rain with them.

mascher

We've used A008s for almost 30 years including years of commuting all in Seattle.
Kelley

carockwell

Thanks for all the replies. Looks like I will be getting A008's!