Looking for good mini restoration companies east of the rockies (I’m in Florida)

Started by gspinflorida, February 04, 2021, 05:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gspinflorida

I want to get a 67 mini cooper restored. Not having much luck finding anyone here in Florida.  Does anybody have recommendations for shops that can do all, or part, of the restoration. 

Gary P. in Palm Bay Florida. 

MiniDave

I hear there's a great one in Tulsa!

But I hear he's booked out  a couple years.....
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

LarryLebel

LarryLebel

Also there's a thread on here I think called 79CanadianMini by skmini. His work looks pretty darn good and he's located east of the Rockies. Maybe he could take your project on.

94touring

Yeah I'm full for a very long time.  I'll probably need a break after the 3 in here right now get finished.

MiniDave

Well, you did have one drop out (Brant) and I doubt Don will be doing his anytime soon....

What about Dion Jardine, does he do restorations, welding and such?

Seems like there has to be a place somewhere in Fla considering how many Minis are there or passing thru?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Not sure if Dion does them or not.

Brant text frequently with questions and I've sold him some random parts.  I just can't realistically get him in for a shell restoration.

Scargo

The last I heard (yesterday), Dion was up to his eyeballs with around a dozen or so Minis in line at his shop in Wesley Chapel. Wouldn't hurt to give him a shout though. (DJ's Minis)

skmini

Quote from: LarryLebel on February 04, 2021, 07:54:31 PM
Also there's a thread on here I think called 79CanadianMini by skmini. His work looks pretty darn good and he's located east of the Rockies. Maybe he could take your project on.

Thanks!  East of the Rockies, but North of the 49th.  Also, the same Mini has been in pieces in my garage for 5 years now.  Picking up speed, but not speedy.

MiniDave

Quote from: 94touring on February 04, 2021, 08:33:26 PM
Brant text frequently with questions and I've sold him some random parts.  I just can't realistically get him in for a shell restoration.

Brant is booked in with Mark Cannaday in Topeka for the end of Feb....he's already got most of his pieces, but of course, every time we talk he "discovers" something else he needs....but that's the way of ALL Mini restorations.

He's sticking with Almond green and OEW top, even tho Mark wanted him to paint it red!   ;D

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

gspinflorida, are you looking for a turn-key "drop it off old pick it up new" total restoration, or just paint and metal work?

It's a long haul, but the place I mentioned above in Topeka can do your paint and metal work. I can do an engine/transmission rebuild (I'm in KC) but the rest you'd have to do yourself or find a more local shop.

Just seems like there must be a shop closer to you that can take this on?

Lemme ask the clown, see if he knows anyone.....

Edit - talked to Mike, he doesn't have anyone he would recommend.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Scargo

If Dion doesn't work out for you, contact Steve Gibbs at Coopertune in Hampton, VA. He can take it from soup to nuts or anywhere in between. He subs out body and paint but can do everything else in-house.

jlgibbsrealtor at america on line dot com

finkster

dion jardine is in florida dj's minis wesley chapel.
phone 813-907-7033.ya gotta call him.
he doesn't do email or text. i had mine
done by him