Chiefs gonna Run it Back

Started by MiniDave, January 24, 2021, 08:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

Chiefs going to Tampa for the super bowl, but who would have expected Brady and Tampa Bay to be their opponents?

Not me, that's for sure.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

Everyone had said last year Tampa was prime for a super bowl. Just needed a QB.  If it wasn't for their defense they would be headed back to Tampa, but not to prep for a super bowl.  Most teams don't get to throw 3 picks in the second half and win, but with that d it appears to be possible. 
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MiniDave

How do you think their D will hold up against Air Mahomes?

And they should have Edwards-Helaire back full time by then too to bolster the running game, at least I hope so.

Chiefs are good at turning picks into points, and not just field goals.

The Packers are an odd team, one minute they look completely dominant, unbeatable, scoring at will. The next minute they're down 10 points and can't do anything against Tampa.

Should be a good game again this year.....I loved it last year when SF was up 21 points and the Chiefs just shrugged it off and went on a scoring blitz. That was fun to watch   62.gif

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

Think Tampa has its work cut out.  Mahomes and the chiefs know Brady.  They know defense. I don't know, they seem to have it all going right now and aren't scared or rattled by anything. 

"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MiniDave

Whew, what a terrible game for the Chefs.....penalties, dropped catches, porous defense.....

I had a lot of trepidation about this game after watching them eek out win after win last season by the thinnest margins, you could see they simply weren't the dominant team they were the season before and Tampa showed them the door.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

That Bucs D is ferocious. And they took full advantage of the chiefs missing a starting line man. 

The defensive penalties were just killing them too.  Made Shady Brady look like MVP I guess...  Brad Johnson could've came out of retirement and won that game for Tampa.  9 points, seriously held KC to 9 points.  That's impressive. 

For those unaware of who Brad is, he was the starting QB last time the Bucs D won a Super Bowl. 

MiniDave

It's interesting how many Stupor Bowl games are just downright boring blowouts, last year was different because the Chefs wiped out a 21 pt deficit in a matter of minutes, but I knew that wasn't going to happen this year.

One team definitely had the momentum this year and it sure wasn't the Chefs. It also shows to go you that the quarterback - while the key to the offense - is not the whole team. He needs the rest of the team to do their jobs too.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad