A Mini in Antarctica!

Started by BruceK, January 23, 2021, 09:47:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceK

I know Brad will have special interest in this topic.

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Willie_B

I have seen photos of it online before. First time seeing the video. That was COOL.

ve9aa

That's very cool ! 4.gif  I need something like that here in NB. 20.gif

In about an hour, I am about to go outside and snowblow my 220' driveway with a walk-behind snowblower.
It's -5*C and winds are 30-50 km/h :-[

How nice would it be using a Minitrack (with a plow or snowblower) instead ? 77.gif
Mike in NB

30 minutes in a Mini is more therapeutic than 3 sessions at the shrink.

MiniDave

At the end of that video it looks like they have just what you need in that yellow Bombardier snow mover?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

ve9aa

In the video he mentions that it appeared for sale in 2009 on "lespac" (which I think is a French classifieds website in Quebec, which is next door to me here in Canada.)

I guess my searching skills were not up to the task.  I went to the Internet "Wayback Machine" website and tried a couple different searches but came up empty.  Probably a French/English thing, as I have no idea what a Frenchman would call a "Mini Trac" en Francais.

Anyone have better search skills than I do?  I'd love to own it if it still exists and is not all rotted to heck.  Doing my driveway with this would be a HOOT !  About 12-13 yrs ago I used to plow my driveway with an old Dodge Shadow with a homemade plow I made from barrels and an electric linear actuator.  It was a real gas.  I mean, who does that? 

Plowing/well...snowblowing my driveway with a Mini would be over-the-top fun !
Mike in NB

30 minutes in a Mini is more therapeutic than 3 sessions at the shrink.