Swapping Starter

Started by tsumini, December 14, 2020, 12:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsumini

I want to swap starters on th 60 Austin 850cc.
What is the easiest way to do it since it was installed on the engine before I installed it in the car?
Do I need to take the grill off and work it around the dizzy? or do I needd to take the dizzy out too?
Can I take the dizzy out without taking the grill off and work it up thru the dizzy opening? The oil filter is the old style canister type bolted to the block.
TIA

94touring

Grill off and then it's easy to pop right out. 

tsumini

Ok that's what I thought. Thanks

BruceK

It goes without saying, but I'll just go and say it anyway:  don't forget to unhook the battery before you get close to the main power lead there.   Plenty of opportunity for engine bay fireworks otherwise.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

gr8kornholio

And a beetle juice inspired hair do.  Or in my case almost a broken hand.  Under car installation on friends 924s.   No idea how the battery got reconnected it the jolt almost made me drop that huge starter on my hand on a concrete floor. 
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

tsumini

Quote from: BruceK on December 14, 2020, 02:29:10 PM
It goes without saying, but I'll just go and say it anyway:  don't forget to unhook the battery before you get close to the main power lead there.   Plenty of opportunity for engine bay fireworks otherwise.
Floor start so not hot but has to come off anyway and may as well start there.