Chasing Classic Cars - Godsal

Started by MiniDave, November 24, 2020, 08:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

It's not often I get to see a car that I was involved with on a TV show, but this car used to belong to my best friend's older brother. I don't know if he ever got to drive it, and I don't know where or how long he had it - but I know it was a long time. He sold it last year and it was bought by Wayne's customer at Amelia Island last year.

If you get a chance, check it out.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

tmsmini

Probably one of the more interesting episodes on Chasing Classic Cars in awhile.

MiniDave

I saw the car in his brother's garage, he had a whole folder on it with pics and clippings he had amassed - the car didn't run at that point. His wife died and a few years later he re-married, they moved into "her" house which only had a small 2 car garage so all his hobby cars had to go.

To get it ready to sell it went to another friend's shop - they got it started and running, that's when it sold to the guy who took it to Amelia. I was a little surprised it got to enter that show when it was red as it wasn't exactly rough, but it sure wasn't a Concours level car. Carini's crew did a terrific job with the car, but I thought it sounded like crap when they fired it up.

I like Wayne's new shop manager - he's very personable and comes off well on camera - in fact all of Wayne's new crew seem to be pretty good on the show - a definite improvement although I really liked old Roger!

Ol Wayne's getting up there in years now - he's 69 - so I wonder how much longer he'll do this? I guess he can go on for a while as he's not doing any of the hard work. Still - the man is really connected in the old car world.....

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad