faa inspection day

Started by 94touring, May 05, 2010, 09:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Well I got reinstated as the assistant chief pilot for the company I fly for here today.  Started the day off by the FAA coming in to inspect our operations.  Not the most fun thing in the world since they can shut us down and take our pilot licences if things are really bad.  They recently did that to another company in AZ.  Part of the inspection was to have me do a flight test and sim test to become assistant chief again.  Winds were horrible but I went anyways.  Blew their minds on the flight, so I felt pretty good about myself.  One guy was up front with me while the other guy was in the back observing.  Then next was the sim ride with one of the inspectors.  He was a retired Continental pilot, check airmen and sim instructor for them for 25 years.  I shot a couple of approaches for him, but spent more time turned toward him talking while the plane flew than I did paying attention to the simulator.  I had it trimmed out and everything setup, not much else to do, lol.  Zero problems there obviously.  Long day but good that things went so well for me. 

MPlayle