Twin HS2 throttle cable connection

Started by Hercplt, July 19, 2020, 12:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hercplt

I need to see some pics of the throttle cable connection for Twin HS2.

I have what looks like the standard mount for the cable to go into, but I am not getting full travel on the throttle shaft.  It appears that the mount is too far forward (away from the linkage)... when it appears to need to be more "above" the connection to allow full travel.

Anyone have a shot of their hook up?

Thanks

Rich
1980 Mini 1000 (Canadian Spec).
998cc +60.  12G295 Head (ported, skimmed etc), VP7 Cam, Twin HS2.... sweet sweet 7.5" Cooper brakes!

94touring

Do you have pictures of your linkages you're using?  It can be fiddly but shouldn't be too difficult to get full travel.

Hercplt

Hey.  It had the bracket that is noted in the minispares parts... anyway, I just used another mount from an HIF44 (not sure if its original to that model) and bent it and reshaped it so it sits more directly on top of the lever... problem solved...

I didn't try to adjust the linkage on the throttle shaft... I just thought of that.

Awaiting a new dist cap before we see if this all works out...

I'd still like to see any pics of a "normal" set up... I'd prefer not to use my crazy frankenmount, but it seems to work.
1980 Mini 1000 (Canadian Spec).
998cc +60.  12G295 Head (ported, skimmed etc), VP7 Cam, Twin HS2.... sweet sweet 7.5" Cooper brakes!

MiniDave

I'll get you a pic of what I did on the Inno, but it's def not stock.....
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad