Started by MiniDave, June 19, 2020, 05:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Ha! I recognized that Mini rad (before it was completely transformed into something different). 

How many more episodes/time before we actually see a road-going registered car?  I suspect 5 episodes and 1 year from now.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MiniDave

I'm just amazed at how they cut radiators apart and weld them back up again!  8.gif

I dunno, they said the next thing we'll see is paint. So with the body done, the engine and all the mechanicals built, all the wiring done it's only a matter of assembly and tuning........also the episodes have been coming more quickly this year, I think between the lockdown and just wanting to get the damn thing done it will be finished by the end of this year - I see three more episodes tops, depending on how much fettling it takes to get it to run - which I don't think will be all that much.....

I am really curious to see the paint job - English guys are really into the metalic grey of the original "Celicar", but I hope they don't do that! Given the flat black wheels......something dull is my guess.

I'm thinking they'll either go with the original Mini white/black top or something completely different......  :D

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

And.................it's done!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

I'm 100% sure they chose the correct and proper color combo.

I like the subtle paint tricks.

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

Here's a pretty interesting video showing how they made the custom wheel arches.

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

I agree - pays homage to the original car but has those subtle BOM tweeks - I like it!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad