My V6 Mini project

Started by 1V6MINI, May 17, 2020, 09:28:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1V6MINI

Hello everyone, I am working on a 1980 Austin Mini. Currently working on converting the mini to rear wheel drive using Minitecs V6 kit. I've come a long way and I still have tons to learn and to do.

MiniDave

Hey Tulley, welcome!

Gravity defying car too, able to run sideways!   77.gif
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

1V6MINI

Thank you Dave. I've had the car since 2011 and I've been working on it since 2015-16. Hopefully I'll have it up and running before 2023.

Willie_B

Looks like it will be a blast to drive. Will be fun to watch your progress.

MiniDave

How are you coming on your car Tulley?

I have a local friend who also did one of these MiniTec V-6 installations, but he quickly went way overboard, not satisfied with the HP of the std Honda engine he first upgraded to a supercharger. Blew that engine up and went to a newer larger engine out of a later Odyssey, then turbo charged that one - he's now making right at 500hp at the rear wheels!

I drove it when it just had the standard engine in it and it was SO fast! Can't even imagine what it's like with the 500hp.

Eager to see how you go with yours!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

1V6MINI

It's coming along. I've seen that mini on Motor Trend TV. The super charger puzzled me for a while. I'm guessing he tried to go the cheaper route with the M-90. It produces results but only to a certain point. I did see that he put a Rotrex like super charger on it. I think I'm going with a small to medium size turbo. But I'll have new heads, runners, pistons, valves/springs. But that will be at least 5 years from now. I recently got the car blasted and primed. Axels and shift cable bracket showed up last week. Next up is fuel, radiator, clutch, brake system.

MiniDave

Do you mean the one Gildred built? That's not my friends car....

My friend lives in Topeka, and his car is a Clubman painted army green with WWII graphics on it.....

Are the fenders your design?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

1V6MINI

No I mean the green clubman with the teeth on it. It's a sick ride. It was a brief showcase on one of Motor trend shows. I got the fenders from Rouge Seven. Custom piece that the owner started for me almost 3 years ago. Did a great job overall. 

MiniDave

I didn't know Russ' car had been a feature on Motor Trend! Gotta link?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

1V6MINI

Watch "Mini-Cooper Mini Feature" on MotorTrend

1V6MINI

Best I could do. Tried to copy link but that's what was given. It's from "Dirt every day". It was an extra.