Battle of the alley

Started by 94touring, April 17, 2020, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Our garage at the condos is down a narrow alleyway to the main building.  The garage is unfortunately near a loading zone which is fine, except contractors and various people don't stay within the loading zone and as a result block our garage weekly if not daily.  Got home a bit ago to move my rx7 out to wash and drive for the first time in months and guess what, bed of a truck in my way and another truck also being an obstacle.  So I parked my truck up against the offending truck blocking him and waited.  Several phone calls and knocks on my door later security is needing me to move my truck.  I never answered.  Also I should mention I've told security and the property managers that I will be a huge asshole if they don't start enforcing the loading zone, as this is a constant problem they never address.  I finally answer, he explains the situation.  My reply was...yeah I was trying to park in my garage but some trucks were blocking me so I just parked in front of my garage. I left though so I'll be back in 30 minutes.  Maybe if people didn't block my garage it would alleviate these problems.

10 more minutes to go.

Willie_B

Sounds like you have some of the joys of your condo to catch up now that your back home. Post a photo of you parking job.

gr8kornholio

Is the alley private property owned by the building or a public/city owned alley.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MiniDave

Perfectly OK for them to block you but don't you DARE block them in!   77.gif

Oh, and don't forget - they're "essential", you're not!   :D
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Privately owned by the property.  Here's the offender.  I snapped a pic after moving my truck, but he was pinned in and a truck and trailer beside him.  The issue was the city gas truck needed down there to do something with meters.  And I had everyone blocked. 

gr8kornholio

Sucks about the private cause then you're at the mercy of the building owner.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

94touring

Well it's owned by all of us and we have an association that delegates these issues.  The problem is the management and security we pay hasn't made it a priority.

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on April 17, 2020, 12:42:24 PM
Well it's owned by all of us and we have an association that delegates these issues.  The problem is the management and security we pay hasn't made it a priority.

I would imagine it is becoming a priority now.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson