Woody wagon project

Started by macmanron, March 28, 2010, 08:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macmanron

Interesting.... Very Interesting.....  I gotta have my Smiths in there.
1966 Austin Cooper S,1965 Morris Mini Minor Traveller, 1965 Triumph TR4A, 1965 Triumph Spitfire(project)

macmanron

I finally got the other pin out on the shifter mechanism. I didn't want to break that part! Gonna powder coat the rod, and maybe the housing. I need to get a seal kit for it I guess. Now, If I can get my car back from the Blaster's!!!!!!!!
1966 Austin Cooper S,1965 Morris Mini Minor Traveller, 1965 Triumph TR4A, 1965 Triumph Spitfire(project)

macmanron

94touring

Looking good.  Funny how it feels so good to have clean subframes.   ;D

macmanron

I am thinking of using these wheels for the woody wagon. They are 12's thats the only thing that is bugging me. I was thinking of doing them in OEW like the car. They are leftovers from my first mini. I hate the idea of buying 2 separate size tires for my minis. It is merely a cost saving idea. Of course some of the wheel/tire combos are pretty cheap anymore. I was thinking of the reproduction S wheels, but they don't use the repro. hub caps?

94touring

Clean them up and powder coat and wouldn't look bad at all.  Not a fan of 12's?

macmanron

naw, not really a fan of 12's, I did find a place where I think I can get a mk1 type brake booster(new Bendix type) online tonight. I will see if they are in stock or just on the site. 365.00 plus shipping.

macmanron

Got the car back on Mon. It is painted with a rust proofing paint, but it will be sanded etc.  I am going to take off both front wings to see exactly how bad it is in there. For now it looks like both front wings, both sides of the windscreen scuttle, a panels inner and outer, rear pockets, rear LWD extension, front floors, most likely both corners at the rear, lower bottoms of the doors, and both lower portions of the rear doors. I am happy about how straight the rear quarters are, not a ripple at all, the rear load bay, rear floors, both inner wings, and firewall, and the top is in pretty good shape. It is in better shape than my S was. I am just eager to get it up on the Spit and start getting into it. Crazy how people just put stuff back on and run a " weld" on it! Ugggg, nasty bodge job!!

http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq165/macmanron/

Willie_B

That is some interesting bodywork/bodge on there.

94touring

Ah yeah there were some interesting patches on there.  I particuarly liked the scuttles. 

macmanron

latest bit of powder coating. Anyone guess the parts that aren't mini parts? What are they for???

94touring

What's the big piece for?  Can't seem to figure it out.  I really need to start on my powder coating. 

macmanron

The two pieces on the left are for my Vespa scoot! The large one goes over the engine as a cowl, and the small one covers the carb!

94touring

Damn I almost said something bike related.  Very cool. 

macmanron

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Parts are here!!!! MiniSport is very good!!! WOW!!!!! 

94touring

Hard to beat minisport.  Even if they don't have all the parts in stock they're pretty good about getting what they do have to you. 

macmanron

I'm not sure, but I think my sandblasting guy blasted away my wire harness. I never even thought about it, and left it in there! DUH I Know! Not blaming him. Anyone have either an extra one lying around??? Any ideas?? I thought maybe I could have one made, or make my own? I do have a left over rear harness from my S, and wondering if that would work?

A rear harness.

94touring

That sucks.  You could probably make your own, or fork out the couple hundred bucks for a brand new one.  I was tempted to buy new but figured I can rewrap mine and buy some new wire if I need to. 

macmanron

I have a nice brand new front harness, just need the back part. I wouldn't think it would be too off from a regular sedan? Might have to add some to it. Really, brakes, fuel, running lights... that's about it.

94touring

If its anything like the rear harness on the pickup, I'd just make my own then.  Should be simple enough. 

macmanron

Here it is with the front wings off:

MiniGene

The right side looks pretty good.  Same with the front piece (front valance??)  When are the new wings going on?

macmanron

I need to order quite a bit before I can do the new wings. I think I am going to get the hard to find stuff from M-Machine in the UK.

94touring

Which hard to find panels will you need?  Looks fairly good from my phone :)

MEhinger

Ron, open the wiring harness package from Minisport. When I bought a harness for my son's car, the rear harness was in there with the front.