Anyone need something moved from West to East?

Started by drmini, March 28, 2020, 09:28:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drmini

Well, back in November I had a Cooper S to take to San Diego for a friend.  On my way from SC I got a call that the port had canceled the ship I was supposed to be taking the car to.  The new date was late December.  Well, when I got sick the first week of December and stuck in the hospital for 3 months, I still haven't delivered the car to the port.  Now that I'm going to get chemo for the next 6 months it was time to go to plan 2.  My friend Mike retired recently and has picked up several cars that one of my regular customers bought.  I decided to ask Mike if he could make the trip.  He's taking it after the middle of April and is coming back empty.  If anyone has something they need moved from anywhere west to anywhere east, please let me know and I can get you in touch with Mike.  Cheers, Hugh 865-256-5989

MiniGene

Anybody want to buy my gold, non-cali legal, Mini?  (located in San Diego) LOL  4.gif

Hugh, I wish you a speedy recovery back to full health.  I don't know if you remember, but you delivered my 2nd Mini to me in 2005 when I was stationed at Seymour-Johnson AFB in Goldsboro, North Carolina. 

drmini

Yes, I remember it well.  Picked it up outside of Atlanta from a British guy (can't remember his name) that Bill Cox was always talking about, not in a good way.  Met you at the front gate at Seymour Johnson late one night.  Can't remember why they wouldn't let me on, but yes, I remember delivering the car.  Do you still have that Mini?  What year is your non-California Mini, and what do you want for it?  Is it obvious that it's beyond a 1975 that you couldn't do the unthinkable?  Not suggesting anything, but just asking for a friend...LOL!  Email me some photos and details at:  hockey91dad@hotmail.com  Cheers, Hugh

MiniGene

That's right!  I bought it from the English guy who had a business called, "The Mini Farm."  I sold that Mini in 2007 to pay some bills.  I still have my very first one (the one that I have a restoration page on this website for).  However, it's currently at my in-law's house in Arkansas.  I tucked it away right before my family and I moved to the UK in 2013.  That's another one I'll eventually have to figure out what to do with.  Mo Minis = Mo Problems haha.

I sent you an email about the mini in my driveway here in San Diego.  Let me know your thoughts.  Thank you!

drmini

Still looking for stuff to move.  Looks like my son and I might end up making the trip.  Not sure yet, but after all I've been thru since December I could use a roadtrip.  Anyway, if someone has something please let me know.  BTW, if my son and I make the trip we'll also go up to Nick Upton's place in Woodland.  Keep that in mind so that we'll go anywhere in California to pick up something.  Cheers, Hugh

drmini

Well, for now the trip is off until the Corona virus pandemic has ended or at least almost ended.  I am supposed to be delivering the Mini to the port in San Diego to ship to Hawaii.  As Hawaii is in lockdown, as is other states, the buyer cancelled the shipment until this virus status has changed.  Perhaps June, July, or who knows?  Anyway, keep that in mind that the trip will be later.  Still time for folks to buy and sell Minis that need moving from west to east.

MiniDave

Darn, I will need one to come from East to .....erm, middle in early October, just FYI.

Boston to KC
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

tsumini

hmmm...need to sell my '60 sometime fairly soon. Can you pm approx. cost/Tyler Tx?

drmini

Funny you should ask.  I happen to know someone who is looking for an early 850.  Can you email me some photos and details about the Mini I can forward them to him.  hockey91dad@hotmail.com

tsumini

Quote from: drmini on April 10, 2020, 07:08:09 PM
Funny you should ask.  I happen to know someone who is looking for an early 850.  Can you email me some photos and details about the Mini I can forward them to him.  hockey91dad@hotmail.com
Email sent.

drmini

Well, now that I'm on the mend and getting stronger it looks like I'm finally going to make the trip.  The Mini has a sailing date now and my son is traveling with me to San Diego to drop it off. Anyway we still have an empty trailer from California back to Tennessee if anyone has something that needs to move.  Cheers, Hugh