I have been looking for a good 64 shell for some time.

Started by CooperTune, January 21, 2020, 07:50:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CooperTune

I would like to find a 1964 shell or roller. It would be nice if in really good condition. Willing to take a look at anything you have. Thanks Steve (CTR)

G67mcs

A couple (Dan & Sandy Newfang) out of FL posted a 64'1071S project for sale on the MK 1 FB group couple weeks ago. Story was husband bought in 70's, stripped for restoration, built motor, had shell done car painted incorrect color (iris blue) body shop pulled wrong paint code, supposed to be smoke grey. Car has been stored all this time. Now they are ready to part with it.   

Garry
1967 MK2 S
2003 Mini Cooper S
2016 4Runner

MiniDave

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

G67mcs

Mini Dave,

Unsure if you were speaking to me or Steve. I did not purchase or contact in reference to the 64' S. They were soliciting where to post and price setting info. Plenty of interest stateside and across the pond. Several folks advised put in on BaT or talk to Mike with FL MiniSport.

I ended up buying a 67' MK2 S runner which I'm planning to take back closer to stock appearance.

Thanks,
Garry
1967 MK2 S
2003 Mini Cooper S
2016 4Runner

MiniDave

Right, I was referring to you and your 67 S.....back to stock has the most value these days.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

G67mcs

Dave,

Yes my plan is to start working back toward stock. Might take a little while and work. The interior appears to have been modified in nineties with honda seats, wood dash insert and full complement of autometer gauges. Several of the suspension components painted blue as opposed to black or grey. I'll get some pics up soon. The car in my avatar was my MK1 that I sold back in 2006. More to come.

Garry

1967 MK2 S
2003 Mini Cooper S
2016 4Runner

jedduh01

Quote from: G67mcs on January 22, 2020, 08:44:36 PM
A couple (Dan & Sandy Newfang) out of FL posted a 64'1071S project for sale on the MK 1 FB group couple weeks ago. Story was husband bought in 70's, stripped for restoration, built motor, had shell done car painted incorrect color (iris blue) body shop pulled wrong paint code, supposed to be smoke grey. Car has been stored all this time. Now they are ready to part with it.   

Garry

Appears the referenced car is now on BAT, Pretty special package,  with a fair ammount of work to be done.

I bet it will bid well!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1964-austin-cooper-s-4/