vinyl wrapped mini

Started by joltfreak, March 21, 2010, 02:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joltfreak

I it has been a while since i did any big changes to my mini.......so i'm going to wrap it vinyl!
i'm planning to do the whole except the roof (of course!). the only thing i'm stuck on is what colour will i go?
i love the flat black but it's impossible to keep it clean.....any ideas??/
check out the official website for updates!!!!! 

94touring

Gunmetal grey?  Stylish and won't show dirt for months. 

joltfreak

i was thinking of grey as well as red, but my wife and kids think i should go away from safe colours and do something really eye catching!
not sure yet tho! 50.gif

batman1usa

Willie_B

Clownfish.

joltfreak

Quote from: batman1usa on March 21, 2010, 06:30:07 PM
;D  LIME GREEN

:-\

LOL!!!
that was also one of the colours that came up!!!!

joltfreak

not going to happen!!
LOL!!!! :D

94touring

So you gona fix that red X of an avatar?   109.gif

joltfreak

pic should be showing now!

date has been booked for the wrap!! 4.gif

94touring

I still see a red X, but you get an A for effort.  So what color are you going with on the wrap?

joltfreak

well!
i can't ruin the suprise!!
Plus i'm still working out the details...i've started to take my mini apart and getting it prepped.
the wrap is booked for April 7th!

94touring

joltfreak

Getting wrapped tomorrow eh?! I'm with Willie on this one, clownfish would be badass.  22.gif

joltfreak

dropped my mini of at the shop today!!! checked out the vinyl, it was looking cool!!
i was talking to the owner of the shop and he looked more excited about the wrapped than i was!!! he also told me that my mini was so small that he was able to use one sheet to do the whole side on the car instead of making each panel (which was a 1st he's heard or seen in his line of work). 4.gif 4.gif 4.gif

Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet? It's Wednesday is it done yet?  ;D

Just one sheet per side huh? The less seams the better!  17.gif

macmanron

PICTURES NOW NOW NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1966 Austin Cooper S,1965 Morris Mini Minor Traveller, 1965 Triumph TR4A, 1965 Triumph Spitfire(project)

94touring

joltfreak

Sorry guys........ the wrap was planned as an 5 - 7 hour job, but it took 15 hours to get it done!!!! 50.gif
here is a sneak peek of it while we were wrapping it! i'll post more pics in the morning:

94touring

130.gif

I like what I see so far!

batman1usa

LOVELY  GREEEEEN  I like it.   :-\

115.gif

Quit a change from flat black

joltfreak

yup, i wasn't sure that it was the right colour to go at first but now that it's done i wouldn't want it any other way!!! here are some pics of it when we finished, i also tried to ghost a pattern on the stripes using both gloss and satin finishes: