25 Years Ago Today

Started by MiniDave, October 22, 2019, 05:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

Rose and I married....

We're headed off to the Ozarks tomorrow for a short vacay - taking the boys, heaven help us - we may even go for a cruise on the lake. We'll also go see if we can find her former lake house.....

What happened to you 25 years ago today?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Congratulations!

25 years ago today...probably getting my learners permit to drive.

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on October 22, 2019, 06:15:19 PM
Congratulations!

25 years ago today...probably getting my learners permit to drive.

25 years ago this past September I was in Mexico with my bride celebrating our 5th anniversary climbing the Pyramid of Chichen Itsu. We also got kicked out of Senior Frogs for public nudity.   ;D

On our 30th we climber the Grand Piton in St. Lucia, I guess you can say we like to climb things.

Congrats Dave!! In 5 years you will be caught up with me.   ;D
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

gr8kornholio

Stepdad bought me my first truck. 82 s10 longbed.  To allow me to get my first job. Braums. To pay for my own insurance, gas and maintenance. The year life got real.

Congrats to you two. 

Bad joke warning. "What happened when Napoleon went to Mount Olive?" .......Popeye got pissed!
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MPlayle

25 years ago?  About to turn 32, experiencing another dull day in the life of providing tech support for a company that did credit-card-at-the-pump systems.  Caller (in heavy accent): "Pump #5 not working, you fix!" -- click --

My excitement back then was learning about Minis while trying to save for my first one.

drmini

I had just retired from the USAF and was awaiting the container full of Minis (8) that I shipped from England when I retired.  Got held up in Customs, extra scrutiny, yada, yada, and finally got them released.  Fun times!  Lesson learned from 2 container shipments...avoid container shipments unless you do it on a regular basis.  The first container of 8 Minis got held up because I used mattresses around the Minis for padding and they were concerned that they may contain bed bugs.  That, and I didn't put the mattresses on my inventory.  I explained that they weren't being imported for use, but were used as packing materials.  Still got a stern warning and got to pay to fumigate the container.  Second shipment of 8 was held up due to suspected violations.  Who'd a thunk that?  Also, got impounded for dirt on the cars.  After a very thorough inspection and a thousand dollar steam cleaning of the cars and container, they stamped my paperwork and went on their way.  After those encounters of the close kind, I always did RORO after that. 

MiniDave

At my BiL's yesterday, with Rose and the boys....
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad