Road closures

Started by 94touring, September 14, 2019, 10:40:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Downtown Tulsa occasionally has these marathons or as I like to call them potato sack races.  I'm all for it but they close down our roads making it a royal pain in my ass to get out of downtown.  This morning headed to the airport I couldn't get on the highway to the airport, had to drive to bfe, and work my way back to the highway.  The annoying thing was they closed down an on ramp to the higway as if these people were racing to highway 75.  Absolutely no reason for this.  I could get to the on ramp and look at it but not past the barracades. Then Jen text just now and says she can't leave our driveway!  Can't leave our residence!?  There has to be some kind of law against this bullshit.

jeff10049

There has to be a law WTF That can't be right who is blocking it the organizers? Call the cops tell them your wife is home alone and someone has barricaded here in that'll get their attention.

94touring

The cops have it blocked for the event!  I flat out told the one cop when I couldn't get on the highway this is a pain in my ass and ridiculous.