GoPro HD

Started by 481, March 11, 2010, 04:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I got a GoPro HD and mounted it to my helmet! I uploaded a short video from the maiden voyage to test the quality on YouTube, looks pretty good! I think the audio is out of sync or something. I refreshed the page a couple of times and it got a little better, but it still seems off by about a second. I plan on doing some Mini videos with this thing because it came with this big suction cup that will latch onto just about anything. Anybody else have any experience with on-board cameras?

Quality test GoPro HD

Willie_B

That looks fun. You make it look easy. But then my bike was top heavy and no bottom end power.  4.gif

94touring

I'd kill myself on a bike.  Looks like you're good though.   56.gif

Lol! Yeah I do ok I guess, I've had my entire life to practice.  4.gif

So, you guys think I should attach some sort of safety lanyard to it if I suction cup it to the outside of the Mini? I've read about some people just latching it to a window on their car and it didn't budge.  8.gif I'm just worried that the rough ride of a Mini might make it fall off. It has a beefy waterproof safety case around it that's replaceable, but I would hate for it to fall off and get run over!  :(

94touring

Better to be safe than sorry.  If a lanyard would save it if all else fails and isn't trouble to do, then yes. 

xcc_rider

I've got a Oregon Scientific Action Cam than I adapted to a windshield mount from a radar detector. Works well and doesn't look too bad given the lower resolution (480 vga I think). It could have a better microphone though as you can only hear my wife if she screams REALLY loud.

dan