best insurance

Started by Hayman9644, March 07, 2010, 12:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hayman9644

who has the best insurance for a mini.  State Farm has been killing me so I am going to change this year.  Anyone have any recomendations?

94touring

I use to have state farm in OK.  Pricey.  What I did since I had so many cars at the time, was put the minis and my sports car on "special use".  But now I use Geico and its way cheaper and easy to setup online.  House insurance through them is cheap too and I get a multi car discount. 

MPlayle

If it is going to be  limited use vehicle (such as shows, club events and the occasional "Sunday Drive", try Hagerty's.  You do have to have a separate daily driver with regular insurance, but the give you 5000 to 6000 miles per year and agreed value insurance with damage coverages matching your regular policy.  Their prices are reasonable as well: I paid about $230 per year and that included their premium road assistance option.  Just the insurance was about $150 per year.

joltfreak

i'm using "silver wheels" through Lant Insurance. it's simliar to what MPlayle is talking (agreed value insurance) but we have unlimited miles. i'm paying $130 a year.
check out the official website for updates!!!!! 

Hayman9644

Thanks guys I guess I will look into Lant Insurance since they have unlimited mileage. 

I use USAA for my Mini, Progressive for my motorcycles. USAA seems pretty reasonable considering I'm 22 years old and it's full coverage. Not that I want to hurry up and get old or anything, but the day I turn 25 is going to be GREAT as far as insurance goes.

xcc_rider

I use Hagerty for 8k value, limited towing and $125/yr and have never hit the max mileage yet. (not a daily driver)

Never had a claim but I've heard they're pretty good.

Minicop

I use Safeco for my mini. About $300 for 6 months. That's full coverage with roadside assistance. It will go down next time I pay for multicar discount and I turned 25 years old. 

mini420

Grundy Worldwide, full coverage at 12k value, $200 a year
www.grundy.com
you have to fill out a form and send them two photos of your car. highly recomended by collector car owners
1980 Morris Mini 1293 Morspeed engine