The tenant moved out

Started by 94touring, February 04, 2019, 05:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

After nearly 3 years, the odd fellow who rents my condo moved out. So once he was all the way out I began to inspect and prepare it for the new tenant.  I rent it furnished as it's customary in a highrise. 11.gif :-[  Rather frustrating to say the least.  Carpet, a mess. Gross really. Spent the past 2 days putting down a wood laminate. Sliding door on the balcony wouldnt close the last foot and a half, as it came off the tracks.  Took me 2 minutes to put it back on.  Who knows how long it's been like that.  Fridge door handle broken. Fridge developed a leak on the interior from a 1 dollar seal.  It was a new fridge when he moved in. Fixed in no time. Toilet paper roll holder ripped off the wall.  Toilet constantly running. Both quick fixes. Sliding closet door he broke, tried to put up a new door, which was one of the most pathetic attempts at handy man work I've ever seen. 30 minutes later I had a new door in.  Smart tv stopped being smart, new 55" tv put in.  Night stand ruined from something wet and sticky.  Splattered gunk on walls coming from kitchen area.  Place was absolutely disgusting and filthy.  Did he tell me any of this crap was broken in the time he lived there, of course not.  Did he get his deposit back, no, no he didn't.

MiniDave

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad